Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thank you everyone. What a Day. What a Season! by Scarborough_Rob23/4/2017 01:29Sun Apr 23 01:29:02 2017view thread

Re: Today!

By PF23/4/2017 07:41Sun Apr 23 07:41:40 2017In response to Today!

Views: 2852

First season following the Greens and it feels damn good that it ends this way. I was following the live table like everyone else around me and was incredulous when a bloke behind made shouted Burgess have scored. We were all waiting for the fi all whistle there and getting ready to go ape toasting our survival.

I was incredulous really. My phone didn't yet show the BH goal but it flicked up sooner or later and had us 4th from bottom. I literally couldn't believe my eyes. We needed a point. Bloody hell I thought, we've got 45 min to save the season!

I could tell the tension was palpable in the stands and behind the goal and plenty must've feared the worst. But what a start to the second half. Casey leaps like a Salmon and hurls himself at that floated cross and sends the green army into raptures. It was fully deserved on the first half chances. The relief was massive but of course the second half was still a baby.

We huffed and puffed for another and there was a bit of handbags which the ref handled very well. Staines, to their credit, played very well and fought hard for a winner. Had a stinging free kick straight into Tom's midriff and a few other sniffs around the box before the ref saw sense and brought an end to proceedings gone 6.

The relief amongst Hendon faces was there for all to see as I had to make a quick dash for central London. The team had done it. Incredible. Nice one lads. This may be a fairweather thing to say but I don't know how closely I would've followed the Greens next season had we been relegated.

What a season it's been. It all boiled down to 45 minutes in the end. God knows how many players were used but the final squad assembled by the gaffer is one to be proud of and hopefully he says..won't be in the same damn whole in a year's time! Have a great summer friends!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Today! by ChrisHFC23/4/2017 12:45Sun Apr 23 12:45:03 2017

Previous thread: Final Game by HendonJohn17/4/2017 19:46Mon Apr 17 19:46:35 2017view thread