Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!! by PF20/3/2017 15:16Mon Mar 20 15:16:27 2017view thread

Harrow Borough

By PF17/4/2017 11:18Mon Apr 17 11:18:09 2017

Views: 2628

Well it's crunch time again. No time to bask in the sun after Saturday's great end to the match. The ball is firmly in our court now. Harrow will be a tough nut to crack. But we know we score against them. The problem is WE know they can score against us! The last two games have been something else. The 5-4 defeat at home earlier this season whilst an amazing spectacle was hard to take. We just couldn't defend for toffee in those days though.

Things have improved tremendously since then. Since I am a newcomer and have no history with HB I don't know how the team traditionally does against them. All I know is that the last two games have been crazy to say the least with the score in total being 10-9 to them. I don't know if they've taken their foot off the gas having reached 53 points but they are probably safe already if not in need of one more point to be absolutely safe.

I think they'll be trying extra hard today as it's a local derby. I still remember the 4-5 at SJP. What a crazy game that was. Even though we scored four amazing goals I always though HB were the better side and eventually they ground us down in the second half when it was 4-3 to us at HT.

The team needs to keep that second half display in their minds and make sure a repeat of that second half is the last thing that happens. On Saturday I said I'd take a point today if you offered it to me and I still stand by that. If other results go our way we could even end still being out of the bottom four even with only a point gained.

I still have faith in the team that we'll win but we also have to be realistic today. I don't expect to see a glut of goals today. Surely it will be tighter for a long way and we'll have to expect HB to come at us a bit stronger than many of the recent matches that we've played. This is such a tough match to call with so much at stake for us .I don't know if HB harbours any thoughts of "sending the Greens down" but I don't recall an real bad blood between the sides from the 4-5 game although like most derbies it was fiercely contested.

Today will be tense from the off and I suspect we could have to wait for our chances but bury them we must. I expect us not to lose and possibly scrape a 2-1 win which would send the Green hordes happy. Most of all we have to not lose! Bringing my lucky mascot mate along today. His first game was against ricay and that saw a last minute winner so maybe history can repeat itself!

PS. Worthing plays Burgess at noon today. If Worthing can wake up from their stupor and do us a favour that would be bloody great. Following that intently before our game today! After that we need Tonbridge to be at their best to beat Invicta although I suspect the home team might be desperate enough to do something there.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Harrow Borough by embee17/4/2017 11:32Mon Apr 17 11:32:32 2017

Previous thread: Next year by Son of Reg13/4/2017 12:37Thu Apr 13 12:37:05 2017view thread