Yep! Just back home and toasting the Greens with a brew. I don't think MP can have any complaints really. They battled very hard give them their due but we persevered until the death and got our just deserts. It wasn't pretty to watch by any means but we got a bit of luck and voila - victory is ours. We had so many good opportunities second half that I was fearing that it just wasn't gonna be our day. Some of our passing from the back was awful today but we showed courage in continuing to pepper the Police goal until they finally wilted.
But someone somewhere was wearing Green tinted glasses and we got over the line. This is a massive boost but the bottom of the table is now impossibly tight and needs a lot of close inspection. The ball however, is in our court. We're no longer reliant on others. 2 wins and we're safe though a win and a draw will probably do it as well.
All systems go for Harrow now. The team goes there with full confidence and they lost again today so they're gonna be up for it big time. A draw might not be a disaster but of course it will put a lot of pressure on our final home game which we'll probably have to win. But I've been saying it for a long time and my reckoning is that a win in the final game will keep us up pure and simple. Have a few beers tonight but Monday is gonna be mental again. It was great to see the joy with which the players celebrated the goals at the end. Real camaraderie being built in the side. We're so close now that it's just a little too much to even bare. Damn - relegation battles are bad for your health! Still better live life on the edge than in boring mid table. Save that for next season!
Next article in this thread: Re: dreamland! by embee15/4/2017 18:16Sat Apr 15 18:16:15 2017
- Met Police by PF15/4/2017 10:32Sat Apr 15 10:32:42 2017view thread
- Re:first half by PF15/4/2017 15:54Sat Apr 15 15:54:24 2017
- Re: Re:first half by PF15/4/2017 16:15Sat Apr 15 16:15:45 2017
- Re: painful by PF15/4/2017 16:25Sat Apr 15 16:25:28 2017
- Re: joyful by PF15/4/2017 16:48Sat Apr 15 16:48:20 2017
- Re: dreamland! by PF15/4/2017 16:50Sat Apr 15 16:50:03 2017
- Re: dreamland! by HendonJohn15/4/2017 17:48Sat Apr 15 17:48:41 2017
- Re: dreamland! by PF15/4/2017 18:12Sat Apr 15 18:12:05 2017
- Re: dreamland! by embee15/4/2017 18:16Sat Apr 15 18:16:15 2017
- Re: dreamland! by SteveHFC15/4/2017 20:43Sat Apr 15 20:43:49 2017