Re: Sadly we've been here before...
...once again we've blown a lead this season. The matches that we've been ahead in and not won are going to be our undoing. Unfortunately I slightly missed the winner but I saw Murphy gesticulating at the Lino so I'm thinking maybe something was up but the ref wasn't having it. I'll wait for the report and to people here to fill us in. Alas our old failings have come to haunt us YET again.
Initially I said that we must take our chances when they present themselves. We hadn't really played that well but we were Ok but were 1 up and we should have gone 2 or 3 up but dilly dallying has cost us and alck of quality or composure call it what you like has kicked us in the teeth again.
We've had chances to score that will cost us relegation if we're not careful. Beforehand I said a draw wouldn't be a disaster and we'd have all taken a draw but I think Tonbridge wanted it that bit more than us. Their situation was sadly even more desperate than ours. They want a shot at going up. They didn't play that well but what they did do was battle and they had a little bit of luck when needed too.
However I don't want to say we were unlucky today. I think it was an even game and quite frantic at times with not much time on the ball. We were actually OK in our build up play but the usual failing of finishing cost us dearly as it has all season apart from recent times of course.
This defeat leaves us in a fairly similar position than before the game but with one less game. It's still doable and we'll have easier teams than Tonbridge that we really have to beat. No ifs or buts really. There were a few resigned faces around at the end though sadly. It's getting harder now but we have to win at Folkestone - simples!
Next article in this thread: Re: Sadly we've been here before... by David B1/4/2017 19:50Sat Apr 1 19:50:14 2017
- Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 11:33Sat Apr 1 11:33:26 2017view thread
- Re: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 15:52Sat Apr 1 15:52:24 2017
- Re: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 16:23Sat Apr 1 16:23:29 2017
- Re: 1-1 by PF1/4/2017 16:27Sat Apr 1 16:27:21 2017
- Re: 1-1 by PF1/4/2017 16:34Sat Apr 1 16:34:24 2017
- Re: squeaky bum time by PF1/4/2017 16:45Sat Apr 1 16:45:33 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by PF1/4/2017 18:03Sat Apr 1 18:03:05 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by David B1/4/2017 19:50Sat Apr 1 19:50:14 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by Lamb_n_flag3/4/2017 14:17Mon Apr 3 14:17:18 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by PF3/4/2017 16:29Mon Apr 3 16:29:58 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by PF1/4/2017 20:57Sat Apr 1 20:57:42 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by Paul Butler4/4/2017 10:40Tue Apr 4 10:40:38 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by John Rogers4/4/2017 10:55Tue Apr 4 10:55:49 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by Paul Butler4/4/2017 21:35Tue Apr 4 21:35:00 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by embee1/4/2017 21:11Sat Apr 1 21:11:02 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by SteveHFC1/4/2017 21:38Sat Apr 1 21:38:33 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by SteveHFC1/4/2017 22:19Sat Apr 1 22:19:39 2017
- Monitoring FWP by rwakeley2/4/2017 12:12Sun Apr 2 12:12:08 2017
- Re: Ok so table is revised... by PF2/4/2017 11:38Sun Apr 2 11:38:51 2017
- Re: K's won 2-0 by PF4/4/2017 08:56Tue Apr 4 08:56:01 2017
- Re: Leatherhead drew 1-1 by PF5/4/2017 11:02Wed Apr 5 11:02:23 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting - no it isn't by rwakeley2/4/2017 00:15Sun Apr 2 00:15:12 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting - no it isn't by ChrisHFC2/4/2017 15:50Sun Apr 2 15:50:06 2017