Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Folkestone - DD Day! by PF8/4/2017 12:29Sat Apr 8 12:29:16 2017view thread

Re: Sadly we've been here before...

By PF1/4/2017 18:03Sat Apr 1 18:03:05 2017In response to Re: squeaky bum time

Views: 3351

...once again we've blown a lead this season. The matches that we've been ahead in and not won are going to be our undoing. Unfortunately I slightly missed the winner but I saw Murphy gesticulating at the Lino so I'm thinking maybe something was up but the ref wasn't having it. I'll wait for the report and to people here to fill us in. Alas our old failings have come to haunt us YET again.

Initially I said that we must take our chances when they present themselves. We hadn't really played that well but we were Ok but were 1 up and we should have gone 2 or 3 up but dilly dallying has cost us and alck of quality or composure call it what you like has kicked us in the teeth again.

We've had chances to score that will cost us relegation if we're not careful. Beforehand I said a draw wouldn't be a disaster and we'd have all taken a draw but I think Tonbridge wanted it that bit more than us. Their situation was sadly even more desperate than ours. They want a shot at going up. They didn't play that well but what they did do was battle and they had a little bit of luck when needed too.

However I don't want to say we were unlucky today. I think it was an even game and quite frantic at times with not much time on the ball. We were actually OK in our build up play but the usual failing of finishing cost us dearly as it has all season apart from recent times of course.

This defeat leaves us in a fairly similar position than before the game but with one less game. It's still doable and we'll have easier teams than Tonbridge that we really have to beat. No ifs or buts really. There were a few resigned faces around at the end though sadly. It's getting harder now but we have to win at Folkestone - simples!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Sadly we've been here before... by David B1/4/2017 19:50Sat Apr 1 19:50:14 2017

Previous thread: AFC Sudbury get the points by rwakeley30/3/2017 15:33Thu Mar 30 15:33:49 2017view thread