Is today really do or die? I can't quite make up my mind on this one. We have 5 games left. 3 wins ought to do it. 2 wins and a draw could possibly do it too but with our bad goal difference it's probably unlikely to be enough. So therefore I can envisage 2 possible defeats out of the 5 games and still surviving if we win the rest.
Basically I'm trying to think of ways that I can take the pressure off today's match. Sure it's hellishly important we don't lose but we are playing a stronger team than ourselves who happen to be in the doldrums form wise. This always makes for dangerous opponents that you have to be wary of.
Tonbridge have just recently dropped out of the play off zone. They'll see today as a must win match otherwise their play off hopes will take another battering. Dulwich have 2 games in hand on them and are 2 points ahead. Tonbridge's form has nose dived spectacularly. They haven't won any of their last 7 games. Oddly, they had won their previous three before that!
Funny how form works in this league. You can never take any thing for granted. They probably thought they were in for a great shot at the top a couple of months ago and now they can't buy a win for love nor money. The last 7 games as I said earlier, make sorry reading for them. Not scoring and letting in too easy is not a good combo as we all know too well following the Greens this season!
However we still have to be fearful of their forwards who can turn it on to great affect at times. I don't know if they've lost players or been out injured but they've stopped scoring the goals and hence the team has stopped winning. Today will be a harder game for them than us I believe. And I really mean that. I think our newly found battling qualities might be a little too much for the Angels.
By all accounts we deserved much more from the game at their ground and I expect today's game to be a much more balanced affair with the Greens having more possession. It's what we do with it that counts of course. I've seen plenty of home games in this my first season following the Greens, and the performances have been mixed to say the least. I don't feel that the team fully feels at HOME playing at SJP yet but it's getting there. I do hope that that feeling doesn't come in a lower division though.
As we all know things have improved tremendously over the last few weeks. I still have a nagging fear that the Leatherhead disaster might yet haunt us but we have to focus on each match as it comes and I'm sure the management have told the players to each concentrate on their jobs throughout the 90 and that's all they can ask for.
I hope our more skillful players can shine today and try to play a more expansive style of football. Matches at SJP especially when it's been windy have been a bit of a nightmare for both sides really with no one able to really let their footballing talent show. Not expecting a glut of goals today somehow but I think a battling win would be great but even a draw won't be a complete disaster and keeps us in the hunt. A 2-1 (great) or 2-2 (acceptable) scoreline looks ok from my point of view. We'll see. It's exciting anyway. Come on you Greens!
Next article in this thread: Re: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 15:52Sat Apr 1 15:52:24 2017
- Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 11:33Sat Apr 1 11:33:26 2017view thread
- Re: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 15:52Sat Apr 1 15:52:24 2017
- Re: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 16:23Sat Apr 1 16:23:29 2017
- Re: 1-1 by PF1/4/2017 16:27Sat Apr 1 16:27:21 2017
- Re: 1-1 by PF1/4/2017 16:34Sat Apr 1 16:34:24 2017
- Re: squeaky bum time by PF1/4/2017 16:45Sat Apr 1 16:45:33 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by PF1/4/2017 18:03Sat Apr 1 18:03:05 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by David B1/4/2017 19:50Sat Apr 1 19:50:14 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by Lamb_n_flag3/4/2017 14:17Mon Apr 3 14:17:18 2017
- Re: Sadly we've been here before... by PF3/4/2017 16:29Mon Apr 3 16:29:58 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by PF1/4/2017 20:57Sat Apr 1 20:57:42 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by Paul Butler4/4/2017 10:40Tue Apr 4 10:40:38 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by John Rogers4/4/2017 10:55Tue Apr 4 10:55:49 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by Paul Butler4/4/2017 21:35Tue Apr 4 21:35:00 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by embee1/4/2017 21:11Sat Apr 1 21:11:02 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by SteveHFC1/4/2017 21:38Sat Apr 1 21:38:33 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting by SteveHFC1/4/2017 22:19Sat Apr 1 22:19:39 2017
- Monitoring FWP by rwakeley2/4/2017 12:12Sun Apr 2 12:12:08 2017
- Re: Ok so table is revised... by PF2/4/2017 11:38Sun Apr 2 11:38:51 2017
- Re: K's won 2-0 by PF4/4/2017 08:56Tue Apr 4 08:56:01 2017
- Re: Leatherhead drew 1-1 by PF5/4/2017 11:02Wed Apr 5 11:02:23 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting - no it isn't by rwakeley2/4/2017 00:15Sun Apr 2 00:15:12 2017
- Re: Now this is interesting - no it isn't by ChrisHFC2/4/2017 15:50Sun Apr 2 15:50:06 2017