Re: AFC Sudbury get the points
Interesting point Paul. I guess Sudbury supporters would look at it the other way: had the game had to be replayed it sets a precedent for getting games abandoned if you're losing at the time! However, and by my own admission I'm not an expert on Ryman League rulings, but I would assume that when a game is abandoned; for whatever reason; at whatever moment during the match; when the ref waves his hands giving the abandonment signal, and giving up the ghost from that moment on the score at the time becomes instantly irrelevant. In a sense, it still feels as though we have had 3 points deducted whereas Sudbury have not; so in effect I believe we have been punished harder.
Perhaps, by the very act of releasing McClaren, which, whether you believe he was responsible or not, and which may have been the right thing to do under the circumstances, rather than mitigating Hendon's case in the eyes of the league, might actually have been interpreted by them as an admission of guilt!
Anyway, as said above we must now move on and plough through Tonbridge tomorrow (that is in terms of playing them off the park as opposed to a mass confrontation!)
Edited by Lamb_n_flag at 15:14:32 on 31st March 2017
Next article in this thread: Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by rwakeley31/3 20:16Fri Mar 31 20:16:52 2017
- AFC Sudbury get the points by rwakeley30/3 15:33Thu Mar 30 15:33:49 2017view thread
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by John Rogers30/3 19:19Thu Mar 30 19:19:03 2017
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by Paul Butler31/3 11:53Fri Mar 31 11:53:38 2017
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by ChrisHFC31/3 16:39Fri Mar 31 16:39:08 2017
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by Lamb_n_flag31/3 15:07Fri Mar 31 15:07:43 2017
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by rwakeley31/3 20:16Fri Mar 31 20:16:52 2017
- Re: AFC Sudbury get the points by dw31/3 22:41Fri Mar 31 22:41:50 2017