Re: oh dear
I was waiting to read Paul’s comments – and censored seems to be the word of the piece. To be honest, censored is right, but for the team censured is more appropriate. Gary was livid because too many players weren’t close to where they should have been.
We did not deserve to be 2–0 up at half-time, except we had played to a sort of system and did look dangerous when we got forward. If the game had ended 1–0 with the own goal being the sole score, “Stewards’ Enquiry” would have been my only thought. I have seen some amazingly bad own goals gifted to us, John Woodley for Oxford City in September (I think) 1974, and the Worcester City captain in the FA Trophy under Frank Murphy spring immediately to mind, but they did not come close to Saturday.
The second goal was beautifully crafted and finished but half-time came when Leatherhead needed it more than us because they looked shell-shocked after the second goal. As for the second half, Stanislaus had a shot at the near post fumbled and saved at the second attempt – with Barrington well placed in the middle – and Murphy had a powerful drive blocked for a corner ... that apart it was hard to recall anything close.
There was a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach after the game because we really should not have thrown away those three points.
I follow four teams in three sports and all lost (one in an even worse way than Hendon – leading with less than a minute to go, in possession comfortably, and then the player in possession headbutts an opponent to be sent off and, in that added time of added time, the team conceded a winning score before another player was redcarded), so my weekend was absolutely blank blank blank blank.
Next article in this thread: Re: oh dear by John Rogers13/3/2017 20:31Mon Mar 13 20:31:17 2017
- Leatherhead by PF11/3/2017 10:52Sat Mar 11 10:52:52 2017view thread
- Re: HT by PF11/3/2017 15:55Sat Mar 11 15:55:57 2017
- Re: HT by PF11/3/2017 16:13Sat Mar 11 16:13:47 2017
- Re: come on! by PF11/3/2017 16:29Sat Mar 11 16:29:55 2017
- Re: oh dear by PF11/3/2017 16:31Sat Mar 11 16:31:35 2017
- Re: oh dear by PF11/3/2017 17:06Sat Mar 11 17:06:12 2017
- Re: oh dear by Paul Butler11/3/2017 17:15Sat Mar 11 17:15:00 2017
- Re: oh dear by Jake HendonLoyal11/3/2017 17:24Sat Mar 11 17:24:37 2017
- Re: oh dear by Paul Butler11/3/2017 19:28Sat Mar 11 19:28:53 2017
- Re: oh dear by PF11/3/2017 20:00Sat Mar 11 20:00:18 2017
- Re: oh dear by Paul Butler11/3/2017 20:24Sat Mar 11 20:24:12 2017
- Re: oh dear by Claremont Man12/3/2017 13:45Sun Mar 12 13:45:10 2017
- Re: oh dear by David B13/3/2017 17:57Mon Mar 13 17:57:39 2017
- Re: oh dear by John Rogers13/3/2017 20:31Mon Mar 13 20:31:17 2017
- Re: oh dear by IcecapUnited14/3/2017 19:55Tue Mar 14 19:55:27 2017