Re: Billericay part 1
Well having come home and seen the result it's nothing unexpected. We lost as usual and to the same old failings. I just don't think the team is good enough. Gary's tried everything he can with loanees, new players, new tactics. He's tried it all but nothing seems to work bar the odd game where the team shows potential.
Our team seems to fail on two specific frailties. Lack of clinical finishing and a disability to defend our goal for any significant length of time.
People on this board have often said that we should keep faith in the team and stay positive in the face of mounting pressure and deficiency but it's time for those people to face facts. This team barring a monumental turn around is going to get relegated this season. Everything I suspected about our team and today's game came true pretty much. It's like you can read Hendon like a book. It's painfully obvious we couldn't handle their forwards and as usual we weren't really able to take our chances.
It's mathematically possible to stay up still but it's getting to the point where wins are needed and fast. Next two home games we need minimum 4 points and preferably 6. I must stop living in dreamland! Win both? Pull the other one. Leiston is gonna be very tough and Billericay is gonna be just as hard. The games against Leatherhead and Sudbury away are now must wins more or less. God luck with that! :-)
By the way I enjoyed my first visit to The Hive. It's a nice ground. Shame Barnet don't have too many fans. Of the 2,300 crowd I'd say more than half were Cambridge fans.
Next article in this thread: Billericay replay by Jake HendonLoyal6/3 18:09Mon Mar 6 18:09:58 2017
- Billericay part 1 by PF25/2 11:35Sat Feb 25 11:35:12 2017view thread
- Re: Billericay part 1 by Hail Hail25/2 15:05Sat Feb 25 15:05:16 2017
- Re: Billericay part 1 by PF25/2 20:58Sat Feb 25 20:58:28 2017
- Billericay replay by Jake HendonLoyal6/3 18:09Mon Mar 6 18:09:58 2017
- Re: Billericay replay by ChrisHFC6/3 18:30Mon Mar 6 18:30:02 2017
- Re: Billericay replay by Jake HendonLoyal6/3 19:06Mon Mar 6 19:06:46 2017
- Re: Billericay replay by embee6/3 21:35Mon Mar 6 21:35:13 2017
- Re: Well done boys! by PF7/3 22:57Tue Mar 7 22:57:39 2017
- Re: Well done boys! by Lamb_n_flag8/3 09:56Wed Mar 8 09:56:53 2017
- Re: Well done boys! by Paul Butler8/3 00:22Wed Mar 8 00:22:27 2017