Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: It?s great when things go to plan by David B8/3/2017 15:19Wed Mar 8 15:19:25 2017view thread

Billericay part 1

By PF25/2/2017 11:35Sat Feb 25 11:35:12 2017

Views: 3079

Playing the Essexmen twice in quick succession so we better get used to them starting today. This one's a tricky one as they are playing free flowing football these days with their last 5 games having yielded 19 goals for and 5 against. They can have off days though like most in this league and had a shock home defeat to the worst team in the league, Grays, two games back. Yes there is a team worse than us in the league points wise at least!

Anyway this will be a tough encounter and I'm not really expectant of much from the boys in Green. Billericay seem to be a fairly hot and cold home side apart from their shock defeat to Grays they've often given the top sides a great game and beat them more often than not. They've beaten H&W at home as well as mauling Worthing 7 in a cup game and a slaughter of Needham 6 a few games back. Obviously when they turn it on they are pretty unplayable.

I expect a few goals in this encounter and I'm not expecting one of those games were neither attack can make an impression. I'm expecting us to score minimum one or a probable two goals today. If our defence turns up we can get something from today's game. However I expect them to be just too strong on the day and a 3-1 or 3-2 defeat is more than likely or possibly heavier if we can't handle their forwards.

A 2-2 will be a bonus and will give the lads confidence for the two home games to come which are probably both must wins or at least 4pts mimimum. A win will be highly unlikely since they won't wanna lose again after that Grays debacle so they'll be trying extra hard plus they know that we had them on the cosh until the fog came down last time so they know they have to watch out for our pacier players. One thing in our favour is that they don't have too much to play for although I guess they need to impress their manager to stay in the side since they'll probably be spending a lot of money in the summer to try to get out of the IPL.

Today I am paying my first visit to The Hive for Barnet v Cambridge at Camrose Ave Cambridge Utd is my second team after Man Utd and now Hendon of course haha! Come on Greens keep battling!

Edited by PF at 11:39:59 on 25th February 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Billericay part 1 by Hail Hail25/2/2017 15:05Sat Feb 25 15:05:16 2017

Previous thread: Double over Leiston by dw5/3/2017 01:07Sun Mar 5 01:07:56 2017view thread