Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 6 wins needed by PF15/2/2017 10:54Wed Feb 15 10:54:04 2017view thread

Re: Lowestoft

By PF11/2/2017 18:51Sat Feb 11 18:51:53 2017In response to Lowestoft

Views: 2693

Well it's just the one point in our battle to stay up though it could easily have been three. Having said that it could just as easily have been zilch

A point is not a great deal of use but it keeps the scoreboard ticking as the saying goes.

The game itself was fairly evenly balanced. Of course our keeper was almost man of the match again. They could probably say they had the most gilt edged chances in the match eith the early one on one and a few more close shaves.

But we controlled the first half however we couldn't work a keeper who was literally playing with a broken arm! He did make one solid save before his injury but we mainly huffed and puffed a lot with no real problems for them.

Our general play was much better than the diabolical Wingate game. I think the slicker less bouncy surface helped us find a man in green quicker and much better.

The second half ebbed and flowed a lot and was pretty end to end. You really couldn't say one team had the upper hand. My fear that they would put in a shift after three straight losses unfortunately turned out true. They were solid and determined to get something from today. We lacked cutting edge in our finishing. Was it Matt Ball who hit it wide under pressure but with more composure should have scored.

Keegan also skied and was brought down late. For me I've seen them given but it wasn't quite stonewall either. But I don't think the ref was gonna give it unless it was a stonewaller.

Even with seconds to go a late breakaway resulted in a right old scramble. I was disappointed we didn't work the sub keeper much. Our delivery into the box was not great as usual. We did get the odd good ball but no one attacked the ball.

Good effort all in all but I see this as two points dropped sadly. It wasn't a terrible 0-0 though and the team continues to battle. Just need a little more quality and more clinical finishing. Lowestoft deserved their point and battled hard for their manager especially with losing their keeper.

It's getting serious now as if you needed telling. But we fight on whilst there's still heart in the players and management.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Lowestoft by rwakeley12/2/2017 11:27Sun Feb 12 11:27:29 2017

Previous thread: John Fordham. by Lamb_n_flag9/2/2017 14:40Thu Feb 9 14:40:36 2017view thread