Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 6 wins needed by PF15/2/2017 10:54Wed Feb 15 10:54:04 2017view thread

Lowestoft

By PF11/2/2017 12:31Sat Feb 11 12:31:12 2017

Views: 2712

Well it's crunch time again. Can we possibly envisage anything other than a home win today? We're playing a stone cold mid table side. Ain't going up ain't going down. They have good days and bad days in equal measure. Can give the best a game and have off days when they are slaughtered at home by the dregs of the league. Which Lowestoft is gonna turn up? Hopefully the crappy one!

So what are the pointers for today? Looking at recent form we see the Greens buoyed by a couple of good recent results and looking for a further three points in the battle against relegation. I think all home games against teams in the middle or bottonm half of the league are now "must wins". I just can't see how battling draws are gonna be enough considering how many more games we've played compared to our fellow strugglers. If only 3 went down then the chances of survival would look much better but with 4 biting the bullet things look grim.

Looking at Lowestoft I see a team going through the motions of completing the season with a whimper more or less. That means I think they're there for the taking today. Their last 6 fixtures read W1 D1 L4. Not exactly great however I'm slightly worried by the fact that they've lost their last 3. Their manager will be putting a rocket up their arse to get something from today and normally teams in this division don't lost 4 on the trot unless you're Hendon of course haha! They normally tend to nick something sooner or later so I'm expecting them to try a little harder for their gaffer today. Their team has some decent results to its name like beating Leiston 3-2 and also Bognor 2-1 earlier in the season

The first match between us and Lowestoft ended 3-3 so I'm expecting quite a free flowing match today. It's gonna be tight as usual in the first half but I'm hoping for the Hendon to play more expansive and wear them down in the end. I'm going all out for a 3-1 final scoreline. It's gonna be tough though and we need to take our chances when we get them. No stupid bad misses and no goals against from the friggin' half way line please!
Come on Greens!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Lowestoft by PF11/2/2017 18:51Sat Feb 11 18:51:53 2017

Previous thread: John Fordham. by Lamb_n_flag9/2/2017 14:40Thu Feb 9 14:40:36 2017view thread