Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: trying to contact Dave Coote by glosu8/2/2017 23:31Wed Feb 8 23:31:47 2017view thread

Bognor

By PF7/2/2017 12:17Tue Feb 7 12:17:12 2017

Views: 2764

Strangely enough the Greens are aiming for a double on top of the table Bognor tonight having won 2 zip at their ground earlier in the season. This season is crazy enough that if we win tonight it wouldn't even surprise me any more. Stranger things have happened!

Bognor come to SJP sitting proudly at the top of the table and looking good for a return to National League South on the horizon. They have only lost 1 from the last 12 league games. Inexplicably it was a home loss to Grays. I guess that was just a bad day for them and a minor blip by the looks of things. Although they also had a man sent off against us though it didn't really affect the result since it was in the 90th minute.

So in general they are a reliable outfit at this level seemingly and can be counted on to perform to a high standard on most occasions. Most importantly they don't tend to concede many goals away from at home. In fact the range is either 0 or 1 in their last 5 away games although they did suffer a 4-1 reverse at Tonbridge.

I think if we can score 2 goals tonight we'll get a minimum draw. Any less and we'll be looking at a defeat. However there is hope tonight and not just doom and gloom. I doubt we'll be taken apart by Bognor. Like I said I don't think losing at home to Bognor will make a whole deal of difference in the relegation battle. We need to beat teams around us to stay up.

We should use tonight as a "pressure free" game and try to get something from the match. Give it a real go and fight for every ball but don't be desperate in our play. Be more measured in our play and try to pass the ball a bit better than that crappy Wingate game I saw. The passing was truly abysmal in that match though I think the condictions might have had something to do with it. Hoping for the best but a defeat won't be a disaster tonight as long as it's not a hammering. It'll just strengthen the resolve for the next match v Lowestoft which will be a must win.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Bognor by rwakeley7/2/2017 22:07Tue Feb 7 22:07:57 2017

Previous thread: Grays by PF4/2/2017 13:36Sat Feb 4 13:36:44 2017view thread