Re: Re Soul Searching
My comments last night were heavily caveated. IF Kevin was dismissed for an act of violent conduct then x, y and z.
I deliberately stayed away from commenting on the specifics of what happened yesterday as I have no idea - all I have to go by are the facts. Kevin was dismissed for an act of violent conduct and the referee abandoned the game because of goings on - handbags or otherwise - at the end of the game. That doesn't look at all good.
Quite frankly, what the provocation from the opposition was, how good or otherwise the referee was is totally irrelevant. Individuals have a responsibility for their own behaviour and if you are sat in the dugout having been substituted whilst on a final warning following previous incidents, then piling into a free for all (or indeed, handbags) isn't the cleverest move you'll ever make. Perhaps his reputation went against him yesterday, but why get involved and give the referee a chance to brandish the red card?
One of the things about football I struggle with is the whole 'blame anyone my us' or 'we were set-up' culture that pervades. That's why I think we are so lucky to have Gary because he is as honest as they come and will always look inwards after a defeat before blaming external sources such as luck or officials. When incidents in different places against different teams occur with the same people being involved then you have to begin to ask yourself questions. Because, despite what some may want you to believe, they cannot be more sinned against than sinners every time.
I, personally, will be very disappointed, if in view of the facts (not conjecture and opinion, but the facts - match abandonment and dismissal for an act of violent conduct) and with the sword of Damacles hanging over him following previous incidents, Kevin is considered for selection on Tuesday night. Perhaps it's unfair of me to pick on him, but as I said last night, I've felt let down by him on numerous occasions in the past as a supporter. I'm all for giving people second chances, perhaps even third chances - but there's a limit.
What is most important to me is that Hendon Football Club is able to move forward and thrive. I don't think it can if we have to go through this kind of thing every 18 months, rightly or wrongly, where the club's name and reputation is sullied both around the community and wider Non League game.
This is all I have to say on the subject for now. I realise that I am probably speaking for myself and that most will disagree with my point of view. That is football, football is as much about opinions as it is the game.
Hopefully see you all Tuesday.
Next article in this thread: Re: Re Soul Searching by Hendon5922/1/2017 11:24Sun Jan 22 11:24:43 2017
- Re Soul Searching by lesskinner21/1/2017 22:40Sat Jan 21 22:40:42 2017view thread
- Re: Re Soul Searching by rwakeley22/1/2017 00:31Sun Jan 22 00:31:24 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Hendon5922/1/2017 08:07Sun Jan 22 08:07:49 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by John Rogers22/1/2017 10:22Sun Jan 22 10:22:52 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Hendon5922/1/2017 11:24Sun Jan 22 11:24:43 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Jake HendonLoyal22/1/2017 09:16Sun Jan 22 09:16:15 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Scarborough_Rob22/1/2017 08:41Sun Jan 22 08:41:33 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Dorset Don22/1/2017 10:35Sun Jan 22 10:35:52 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Claremont Man22/1/2017 12:04Sun Jan 22 12:04:51 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by rwakeley22/1/2017 13:03Sun Jan 22 13:03:29 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Paul Butler22/1/2017 12:31Sun Jan 22 12:31:48 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by HendonJohn22/1/2017 18:27Sun Jan 22 18:27:59 2017