Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kevin Mac by Hendonboy24/1/2017 20:14Tue Jan 24 20:14:19 2017view thread

Re: Re Soul Searching

By Jake HendonLoyal22/1/2017 09:16Sun Jan 22 09:16:15 2017In response to Re: Re Soul Searching

Views: 3855

Very close to my thoughts
Sudbury bench had the ref on a string for most of the first half, every 50-50 was given against us (that's how it felt atleast) and every challenge was followed by cries of ref from their players and bench, even heard a call for a nearly free header at one point.
When I was told he was the best ref in the league I laughed by far he is one of the worst I've seen, his apparent bias rather clear and made clearer later on.
With regards to the handbags at the end of the game how anyone, especially those of you not there, can single out one player (and seemingly another who wasn't even at the game) is beyond me, the ref was closer for sure but how it was just one of our and none of theirs given displinary action is beyond belief. With the exception of the goalies all the players and the benches were involved yet one player (ours) was shown red, no one else ? Really?! Again I say bias. And if suspensions or sackings are due then by rights there is no other choice than to do the same to a good number of our staff and players as everyone was involved that I could see, the goalies being the exception.

My final note is that I overheard a discussion on the bar between Sudbury fans and someone in full Sudbury tracky and a kit bag I won't say he's defiantly part of the squad or staff maybe just a super fan and that they have an impressive merchandise line.
I heard him tell them the ref was pretty much absolving them of any blame what so ever, that to me is shocking and again shows how bias this "ref" was. I've avoided saying but I'll say it now he was nothing more than a common cheat, a poor ref that had no control beyond what was exerted per him by their bench and quite frankly was one of the worst I've seen in years.

Green tinted glasses maybe but I stand by what I saw and heard yesterday
The players should not have gone for he bait but I can't say had it been me getting fouled or having every call made against me I'd not of reacted too by the end.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Re Soul Searching by Scarborough_Rob22/1/2017 08:41Sun Jan 22 08:41:33 2017

Previous thread: Sudbury by PF20/1/2017 12:35Fri Jan 20 12:35:09 2017view thread