Re Soul Searching
Well said John, I totally agree with what you say. I have been a Hendon supporter for 57 years, but have become saddened and disillusioned with what is going on on the pitch. We have had some tough players in our time, non tougher than Roy Sleap many years ago, but I have been disgusted every time I have attended a game at the attitude of the McLarens, by always questioning the referee, never accepting decisions and a lot of the sending off of Aaron Morgan in the play off final against Margate was down to their continue harassment of the referee which cost us promotion.
One thing that must be remembered is that the club is always bigger than the individual and I have always been proud to be associated with Hendon, for many years selling programmes and writing the programme notes, and enjoying meeting supporters and players alike. I do not get to many games now due to age and where I live and after todays' events, I'm glad I don't. That to me is sad, we do have some good and loyal players at present, and why should these be expected to accept this attitude. They both should have been released after the first events as they have certainly not done the club any good since, and we have struggled for the last two years.
Let's hope that the board now take the decision and bring us back to being the happy club that Hendon has always been, both on and off the pitch.
Next article in this thread: Re: Re Soul Searching by rwakeley22/1/2017 00:31Sun Jan 22 00:31:24 2017
- Re Soul Searching by lesskinner21/1/2017 22:40Sat Jan 21 22:40:42 2017view thread
- Re: Re Soul Searching by rwakeley22/1/2017 00:31Sun Jan 22 00:31:24 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Hendon5922/1/2017 08:07Sun Jan 22 08:07:49 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by John Rogers22/1/2017 10:22Sun Jan 22 10:22:52 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Hendon5922/1/2017 11:24Sun Jan 22 11:24:43 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Jake HendonLoyal22/1/2017 09:16Sun Jan 22 09:16:15 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Scarborough_Rob22/1/2017 08:41Sun Jan 22 08:41:33 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Dorset Don22/1/2017 10:35Sun Jan 22 10:35:52 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Claremont Man22/1/2017 12:04Sun Jan 22 12:04:51 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by rwakeley22/1/2017 13:03Sun Jan 22 13:03:29 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by Paul Butler22/1/2017 12:31Sun Jan 22 12:31:48 2017
- Re: Re Soul Searching by HendonJohn22/1/2017 18:27Sun Jan 22 18:27:59 2017