Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: any other day I would have to have been sedated by lesskinner27/12/2016 12:28Tue Dec 27 12:28:32 2016view thread

So Harrow Borough

By PF25/12/2016 21:05Sun Dec 25 21:05:39 2016

Views: 2578

Happy Xmas first of all. Well what's left of it. Got enough Turkey in me to not eat again for a whole week! But then again if we beat HB tomorrow we can celebrate with a Turkey sandwich later!

So are we going to win? Well the answer is....we just don't know. Which Hendon is going to turn up? the one that randomly goes away from home and beats a side in the top 4 or the Hendon of the last few games that's beat after literally 10 minutes. If I was Gary I'd tell the team to literally forget about attacking for the first 15-20. Stay in the game. We literally haven't been in games after a few minutes. That can't go on at all. Stay in the game and be patient. Even getting to half time 0-0 or 1-1 won't be a disaster. We can push from there but we need a platform. Games are being lost before the team has had a chance to even string a couple of passes to one another.

Other teams seem to sense blood when they come to SJP. Even shitty teams in and around Hendon know confidence is rock bottom, so they come here and go totally gung ho. I'm not sure HB are that kind of team though. It seems that on their day they are capable of beating most in this league but the cup run has ruined their league form. But things are not as desperate for them as they are for us. They have 5 games in hand on us so they know any kind of result is OK for them.

It's not totally a six pointer for them so they probably won't do a Grays on us. I say probably because there's always a fear that we could suffer a similar fate. HB won their last game against the Angels at home so they should be fairly confident but our team should be fresh tomorrow if they haven't had too much lunch today that is! Hopefully the recent drubbings won't be on their minds and they'll see this as a fresh start.

We always have hope but this season there's be so many false dawns that making any kind of prediction is a fool's game. Let's wait and see what happens and good luck Greens! Oh and let's hope the ref is better than recent matches at SJP. Don't they know they're supposed to be home biased? :-)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: So Harrow Borough by HendonJohn26/12/2016 11:54Mon Dec 26 11:54:06 2016

Previous thread: 3pts today - we Needham! by PF17/12/2016 12:30Sat Dec 17 12:30:44 2016view thread