Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 3pts today - we Needham! by PF17/12/2016 12:30Sat Dec 17 12:30:44 2016view thread

Re: Grey Day (Madness)

By nw216/12/2016 12:47Fri Dec 16 12:47:33 2016In response to Re: Grey Day (Madness)

Views: 2779

After considering it for a few days , I can?t really see what I said that was so terrible? as a fan with the club at heart and wanting us simply to win games.

It?s December, the club hasn?t won a home game all season and we have just lost 4-0 at home to the side who are rock bottom of the league and yet if anyone so much as suggests all is not well they get silly abusive comments thrown back at them? I am not sure why one post can be constructed by someone as ?40 years of misery?. I was just expressing my views after a very disappointing defeat. Did i miss something? Did others leave the ground on Tuesday with a warm glow?

It seems you pay your money at the gate (which I and many others do) but can?t have an opinion if it doesn?t tow the party line.

I have attended probably ? of the home games and a few away (where they have been some brighter performances) and if we are honest, as Gary has been in his comments the performances haven?t been good enough and a squad that was openly spoken about by the management during pre-season as having ?play off potential? has already fragmented several times and we have far from realised our potential.

My comments re crowds where not meant to be negative just honest, part of the huge achievement from all concerned to get Hendon back into the borough and playing at SJP was that people would return to watch the team, crowds would grow significantly which of course could then see further investment in the squad and even more to look forward to on the pitch, so far this hasn?t happened and crowds especially midweek have been disappointing.

Surely we all want the same thing, to see Hendon winning football matches, crowds growing and a buzz around the place again.

Sadly the pattern has often become a recurring one of late at home, early goals conceded, heads dropping and teams then finishing us off quite easily ( Kingstonian, Leatherhead, Grays etc)?.

Lesson learned though StAlbansDon I will keep my opinions to myself going forward.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 18:20Wed Dec 14 18:20:19 2016

Previous thread: The only way is UP by Mike Cox14/12/2016 17:07Wed Dec 14 17:07:12 2016view thread