Re: Grey Day (Madness)
Just got round to having time to offer my musings regarding Tuesday night....
Where to start? Well the positives. Plenty of attacking skill and pace. The penalty goes in it's 2-1 at the break; maybe even better. I was bang in line with the decision to rule out Kezie's goal out. I'm still unequivocal that the lino got it badly wrong, despite having my share of refreshments.
The lino motioned that he came back from an offside position? Well Kezie must have some kind of bionic neck to go backwards and then put such power on his header?
Could it be that the lino got mixed up with the Grays keeper wearing an almost identical shirt? I mean, just what were the officials thinking of letting him wear that?
Less said at the back the better along with the second half.
I don't want to post and regular long standing supporters saying "Who the hell is this Johnny come lately", but for what it's worth I'm positive of an upturn once everyone is available and a settled team beds in.
To me all that's missing is Kevin Maclaren, a big no nonsense leader at the back and someone of similar stature between the sticks. Maybe the players are already at the club, but if they are they need to start doing Gary Mac and the backroom team (who were absolutely mortified in the bar after the match) a few favours, and quickly.
I'm reminded of when Edgware Town first moved into SJP in some ways; lovely football and individuals but in too many cases little game management, team awareness or willingness to do many of the dirty jobs that go unnoticed but are the glue that is desperately required to stick the side together to build a winning team.
Anyway. Good luck everyone at Needham Market. I've got binoculars at the ready for my seat in the away end at West Ham v Hull City.
Have a very Merry Christmas and see you all on Boxing Day.
Next article in this thread: Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by johnnybaker16/12/2016 21:23Fri Dec 16 21:23:41 2016
- Grey Day (Madness) by rwakeley13/12/2016 21:49Tue Dec 13 21:49:41 2016view thread
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw214/12/2016 12:13Wed Dec 14 12:13:53 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 13:05Wed Dec 14 13:05:44 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw214/12/2016 13:43Wed Dec 14 13:43:56 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw216/12/2016 12:47Fri Dec 16 12:47:33 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 18:20Wed Dec 14 18:20:19 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Edd14/12/2016 19:43Wed Dec 14 19:43:08 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by David B15/12/2016 12:32Thu Dec 15 12:32:10 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 19:53Wed Dec 14 19:53:58 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Mike Cox15/12/2016 19:45Thu Dec 15 19:45:19 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Scarborough_Rob16/12/2016 09:37Fri Dec 16 09:37:21 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by johnnybaker16/12/2016 21:23Fri Dec 16 21:23:41 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by rwakeley17/12/2016 11:34Sat Dec 17 11:34:31 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by Scarborough_Rob18/12/2016 12:57Sun Dec 18 12:57:06 2016