Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 3pts today - we Needham! by PF17/12/2016 12:30Sat Dec 17 12:30:44 2016view thread

Re: Grey Day (Madness)

By Scarborough_Rob16/12/2016 09:37Fri Dec 16 09:37:21 2016In response to Re: Grey Day (Madness)

Views: 2897

Just got round to having time to offer my musings regarding Tuesday night....

Where to start? Well the positives. Plenty of attacking skill and pace. The penalty goes in it's 2-1 at the break; maybe even better. I was bang in line with the decision to rule out Kezie's goal out. I'm still unequivocal that the lino got it badly wrong, despite having my share of refreshments.

The lino motioned that he came back from an offside position? Well Kezie must have some kind of bionic neck to go backwards and then put such power on his header?

Could it be that the lino got mixed up with the Grays keeper wearing an almost identical shirt? I mean, just what were the officials thinking of letting him wear that?

Less said at the back the better along with the second half.

I don't want to post and regular long standing supporters saying "Who the hell is this Johnny come lately", but for what it's worth I'm positive of an upturn once everyone is available and a settled team beds in.

To me all that's missing is Kevin Maclaren, a big no nonsense leader at the back and someone of similar stature between the sticks. Maybe the players are already at the club, but if they are they need to start doing Gary Mac and the backroom team (who were absolutely mortified in the bar after the match) a few favours, and quickly.

I'm reminded of when Edgware Town first moved into SJP in some ways; lovely football and individuals but in too many cases little game management, team awareness or willingness to do many of the dirty jobs that go unnoticed but are the glue that is desperately required to stick the side together to build a winning team.

Anyway. Good luck everyone at Needham Market. I've got binoculars at the ready for my seat in the away end at West Ham v Hull City.

Have a very Merry Christmas and see you all on Boxing Day.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by johnnybaker16/12/2016 21:23Fri Dec 16 21:23:41 2016

Previous thread: The only way is UP by Mike Cox14/12/2016 17:07Wed Dec 14 17:07:12 2016view thread