Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans
I think there is a desire to get these promising young players under contract from the club, however there is no guarantee that the player will want to sign them. I know that Charlie Goode didn't want to sign one for whatever reason and that, ultimately, led to him moving for free at the end of 2014/5.
In Ollie's case, it is disappointing to see him leave, but equally hard to blame him. The chances are the offer from Billericay was too good to turn down from a personal point of view and anyone in any other industry or walk of life would probably have done the same thing. Billericay is substantially closer than Leiston is, which is another reason why I can understand this move a darn sight more than Niko's.
It is good that the club has been recompensed for Ollie's services, and he leaves with my best wishes.
I'd also echo Rob Wakeley's comments - I am proud that Hendon Football is completely debt free, lives within its means and remains competitive at this level. If the money isn't in the bank, we don't spend it. I don't know how I'd feel if a money man came into the club offering Gary £10k per week. I'd probably question his motives and start preparing myself for the moment his interest, or finances waned straight away.
Next article in this thread: Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by StAlbansDon9/12/2016 16:41Fri Dec 9 16:41:39 2016
- Ollie Sprague by Rainham don8/12/2016 22:59Thu Dec 8 22:59:41 2016view thread
- Re: Ollie Sprague by PF9/12/2016 07:46Fri Dec 9 07:46:31 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague by Hendonboy9/12/2016 09:41Fri Dec 9 09:41:42 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague by embee9/12/2016 11:17Fri Dec 9 11:17:00 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague by rwakeley9/12/2016 12:02Fri Dec 9 12:02:51 2016
- Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by David B9/12/2016 12:48Fri Dec 9 12:48:57 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by Paul Butler9/12/2016 12:57Fri Dec 9 12:57:01 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by John Rogers9/12/2016 15:36Fri Dec 9 15:36:08 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by StAlbansDon9/12/2016 16:41Fri Dec 9 16:41:39 2016
- Re: Ollie Sprague and five-year plans by David B9/12/2016 17:02Fri Dec 9 17:02:49 2016
- Scarborough 5 year plan & Hendon stuff by Scarborough_Rob9/12/2016 20:19Fri Dec 9 20:19:07 2016
- Re: Scarborough 5 year plan & Hendon stuff by Simon9/12/2016 23:31Fri Dec 9 23:31:07 2016