Re: Onward and Upward
Onward and Upward sums it up perfectly for me. Honest shift from the lads. Characteristically, despite the gap in stature, I thought we somewhat mirrored eachother in terms of deficiencies. Our frailties were exposed. Two poorly defensive goals conceded. I thought, understandably we were a tad panicky in possession. I would have loved to have seen the Wood exposed to some genuine pace. Hence my biggest disappointment on the day was not asking even more questions of them at the back. They were always going to be more composed and stronger.
The loss of Seebs and Olls paramount.
I was half expecting the battle of Balaclava - never came. Despite being in overall control I thought they were predictable and on the day lacked real penetration and incision. If that is indicative of the top flight of 'non-league' then there are a handful of our lads of whom can form the nucleus to push the club forward. More-over, what I thought we lacked on the pitch, I maintain we broadly already possess in missing personnel. A Kezie, to hold the ball up today may well have worked, an Elliott at set-pieces - I know they were unavailable.
But the overall squad offers a damn sight more than what was on display. Further out, if the Gaffer continues to replace like with like, then our team is in for a very promising future. An eclectic mix of talents.
As is of today, I maintain we are a construction project. The plans are in the head, the foundations are being layed and the materials are being brought in. We are on the right track. I thought today was invaluable in assessing where we are and what we need in bringing the project on-stream.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Onward and Upward by Mike Cox15/10/2016 17:22Sat Oct 15 17:22:19 2016view thread
- Re: clip of the near miss. by PF17/10/2016 15:01Mon Oct 17 15:01:09 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by PF15/10/2016 20:25Sat Oct 15 20:25:20 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by Deadman15/10/2016 19:39Sat Oct 15 19:39:31 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by SteveHFC15/10/2016 20:43Sat Oct 15 20:43:40 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by Rainham don15/10/2016 21:07Sat Oct 15 21:07:11 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by John Rogers15/10/2016 20:59Sat Oct 15 20:59:33 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by dw16/10/2016 07:40Sun Oct 16 07:40:34 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by rwakeley16/10/2016 00:10Sun Oct 16 00:10:11 2016