Re: Slightly different take
First things first - I thought Berkley was superb today and in my opinion in the running for man of the match with Casey and Niko, and only at fault in my eyes for the first goal. First half he caught absolutely everything thrown at him and was very commanding in his area, and the same went for most of the second half, and he made one outstanding point blank save to tip the ball over the bar. As far as I'm aware Brendan Norris (who like others I do rate highly) is currently getting game time and experience elsewhere on a dual-registration. He's certainly not been released.
One of the things Gary mentioned in the Q&A on Thursday was that he felt we currently had the most talented squad he'd had at his disposal, but that they were probably not as resiliant as some of the squads we've had in the past. A lot of that comes down to experience - Gary's mentioned it, some of us have mentioned it on here - but there are a number of young players in the squad, many of whom have been playing regularly.
All that said, only drawing when 3-0 up after an hour is very disappointing, and very frustrating, even more so when the equaliser comes with almost the last kick of the game, and our captain for the day (Chris Seeby) then gets sent off for something he said to the referee. The result of the latter is that Seebs will now miss the FA Cup tie at Boreham Wood as suspensions now kick in 1 week after the offence rather than a fortnight as has been the case for many years.
I don't think we gave up as such, but perhaps did think the game was won and sat back a bit. There was no lack of effort in the last half hour, but we do need to quickly learn how to see out games when the going gets tough.
Clearly the focus for the next week is now on the FA Cup - so we need to put today behind us and look ahead to Boreham Wood next Saturday.
- Normal service has been resumed by Mike Cox8/10/2016 17:05Sat Oct 8 17:05:18 2016view thread
- Slightly different take by rwakeley8/10/2016 17:55Sat Oct 8 17:55:56 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by IcecapUnited8/10/2016 19:46Sat Oct 8 19:46:41 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by Rainham don8/10/2016 20:58Sat Oct 8 20:58:49 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by ChrisHFC8/10/2016 23:57Sat Oct 8 23:57:18 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by IcecapUnited9/10/2016 07:36Sun Oct 9 07:36:08 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by IcecapUnited8/10/2016 22:43Sat Oct 8 22:43:43 2016
- Re: Slightly different take by SteveHFC8/10/2016 21:36Sat Oct 8 21:36:58 2016