Two yellows and subbed
I can recall only one Hendon player who has escaped a red after receiving two yellows (Kevin nearly did so against Sutton at Wembley late in the 2008–09 season, but the Sutton fans persuaded the referee and his assistant to get it right before play could resume).
In this other incident, our bench knew immediately what had happened and substituted him, within seconds of the second caution. As I couldn’t believe what I had seen, I spoke with the player after the game and he admitted that he was about to walk off, but then realised the referee wasn’t feeling in his pocket for a second card (it turned out that the referee had written 12 – who had been on the pitch a matter of seconds – instead of 2 for that second booking).
By the way, you can trawl through all the reports to find the player and match in question, but it was agreed that to protect the guilty, none of the card incidents would be mentioned.
Edited by David B at 18:35:32 on 12th September 2016
- Focus! by rwakeley11/9/2016 01:39Sun Sep 11 01:39:59 2016view thread
- Re: Focus! by richhend11/9/2016 15:21Sun Sep 11 15:21:47 2016
- Re: Focus! by John Rogers11/9/2016 12:17Sun Sep 11 12:17:17 2016
- Re: Focus! by SteveHFC11/9/2016 19:56Sun Sep 11 19:56:12 2016
- The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by David B12/9/2016 13:23Mon Sep 12 13:23:35 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by Simon12/9/2016 15:28Mon Sep 12 15:28:05 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by John Rogers12/9/2016 18:04Mon Sep 12 18:04:15 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by David B12/9/2016 16:22Mon Sep 12 16:22:05 2016
- Two yellows and subbed by David B12/9/2016 18:31Mon Sep 12 18:31:59 2016