The match had a number of parallels with the Dulwich league game. We looked sharp and incisive for the first 15 to 20 minutes but we then lost concentration. The passing discipline went awry and we conceded lots of silly unnecessary free kicks near our box.
Better finishers than the Police would have had a field day with all the free kick opportunities.
I agree with the blogger who has pointed out that Kezie's excellent hold-up play is wasted on too many occasions as the mid-fielders and other front players fail to support him and provide the much needed passing opportunities. Some work needed on the coaching side here - playing off and supporting the central striker?
Finally, can we wean ourselves off the defending deep obsession. If we try this next week and give them the initiative from minute one we wIll get thrashed and deserve it.
Next article in this thread: Re: Focus! by John Rogers11/9/2016 12:17Sun Sep 11 12:17:17 2016
- Focus! by rwakeley11/9/2016 01:39Sun Sep 11 01:39:59 2016view thread
- Re: Focus! by richhend11/9/2016 15:21Sun Sep 11 15:21:47 2016
- Re: Focus! by John Rogers11/9/2016 12:17Sun Sep 11 12:17:17 2016
- Re: Focus! by SteveHFC11/9/2016 19:56Sun Sep 11 19:56:12 2016
- The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by David B12/9/2016 13:23Mon Sep 12 13:23:35 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by Simon12/9/2016 15:28Mon Sep 12 15:28:05 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by John Rogers12/9/2016 18:04Mon Sep 12 18:04:15 2016
- Re: The Law fought the Ref and the Ref won by David B12/9/2016 16:22Mon Sep 12 16:22:05 2016
- Two yellows and subbed by David B12/9/2016 18:31Mon Sep 12 18:31:59 2016