Re: Dulwich Hamlet
Great blog, as ever John. Reflecting on the introductory comments, I do worry slightly at the thinly disguised (by a foreign language) political slogans so prominently displayed at Silver Jubilee Park today. I am all for reaching out to as many people as possible so that they may happily come to a non-league friendly family atmosphere, but wonder whether actions that could potentially prompt police intervention at a higher level of football are in danger of infiltrating our level of football in a detrimental way. A shame really, as the attendance was great and everyone saw a highly entertaining match.
That aside, I had an interesting chat with a Wealdstone supporter before the game, who had played for Kingsbury in the Fifties. Perhaps everyone else knows this, but, the pitch used to be orientated 90 degrees the other way. However, surprise surprise, when the club wanted to install floodlights, the local residents objected to lights shining through their windows! So the pitch had to be moved! Nothing ever seems to change....
Next article in this thread: Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers29/8/2016 23:26Mon Aug 29 23:26:31 2016
- Dulwich Hamlet by SteveHFC29/8/2016 18:59Mon Aug 29 18:59:56 2016view thread
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers29/8/2016 22:33Mon Aug 29 22:33:33 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by dw29/8/2016 23:13Mon Aug 29 23:13:17 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers29/8/2016 23:26Mon Aug 29 23:26:31 2016
- Fans, flags and support by David B30/8/2016 14:23Tue Aug 30 14:23:06 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Paul Butler30/8/2016 00:13Tue Aug 30 00:13:20 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Dom30/8/2016 08:18Tue Aug 30 08:18:18 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers30/8/2016 10:00Tue Aug 30 10:00:52 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Hendonboy30/8/2016 08:59Tue Aug 30 08:59:46 2016