Re: Wingate & Finchley
As everyone else has expressed their thoughts - here's mine for what it's worth.
I think we are suffering from a conflict of interests. A dichotomy. The gaffer is understandably trying to put into a practice a system to exert dominance. Identify the problems and implement solutions. Easy on paper.
We have all been these grounds enough times to fully understand the oppositions and their characteristics.
To date it hasn't worked. The dichotomy is the implementation of a system with it's rigid compliance. It even seems to restrict our options from the bench.
More-over I maintain it can actually be counter-productive. Dichotomy again, I maintain it can actually work - but only on given back-drops against certain oppositions.
Sir Alex was an advocate of Horses for Courses and I agree wholesale. Never afraid to drop a star player when required. Last pre-season we had pace on the flanks in abundance and no spine. This year, so far, we have turned it on it's head. An effective part of our Arsenal is sitting idle. I've been impressed with Murph pre-season and Andre has yet to get going. I'm not sure they fit the system.
Then there is Seebs. I prefer him doing what is instinctively natural.
Personally, I would include Kezie up-front. A young dynamic approach needs goals to maintain confidence.
Kezie holds the ball up well as demonstrated last season. Young players need help. I like Karl a lot, but his head does drop. Kevin may well be the catalyst to spark our season into life.
In trying to pass the opposition of the park, we are creating problems. It's as if we are in a straight-jacket - we need flexibility. We have the assets at our disposal, its getting them to function.
Despite the angst, and we are all feeling it, I genuinely feel optimistic.
Edited by rwakeley at 09:55:28 on 21st August 2016
Next article in this thread: Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers21/8/2016 15:30Sun Aug 21 15:30:48 2016
- Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC20/8/2016 19:44Sat Aug 20 19:44:15 2016view thread
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers20/8/2016 22:14Sat Aug 20 22:14:23 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by dw20/8/2016 23:44Sat Aug 20 23:44:10 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 09:55Sun Aug 21 09:55:04 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers21/8/2016 15:30Sun Aug 21 15:30:48 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by IcecapUnited21/8/2016 19:42Sun Aug 21 19:42:51 2016