Re: Wingate & Finchley
Regarding the excellent post above....and before I get started on Hendon
I bashed on about this post the K's. This for me is an exceptionally important aspect of the modern game, at all levels and one we have to place extreme emphasis on.
The modern era of football's psyche is bloody shot. Kids are more interested in the colour of their boots than learning how to tackle properly. Ironically, another soft free kick contributed to their goal. This is utterly endemic in our game throughout and weakens the overall standard. Everybody growing up today hero worships these half-baked individuals as Demi-Gods and wants to play like Ronaldo.
Actually yesterday, I thought the tackling was reasonable. Players are generally play-acting and on another day the ref yesterday could have blown up a thousand times.
This rant is not directed at Hendon in the critical aspect, but we have to wake up and take into consideration that the modern game as moved on for the worse. We've got to man up - in the right way, because set-pieces are crucial. More-over the referees have to acknowledge that physical contact is part of the game.
Next article in this thread: Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 09:55Sun Aug 21 09:55:04 2016
- Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC20/8/2016 19:44Sat Aug 20 19:44:15 2016view thread
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers20/8/2016 22:14Sat Aug 20 22:14:23 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by dw20/8/2016 23:44Sat Aug 20 23:44:10 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 09:55Sun Aug 21 09:55:04 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers21/8/2016 15:30Sun Aug 21 15:30:48 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by IcecapUnited21/8/2016 19:42Sun Aug 21 19:42:51 2016