Re: Wingate & Finchley
Very fair blog, John. I also came away more depressed than is usual after a defeat. Nothing in the first half hour hinted at defeat. Yet brilliant positional sense by Shane Gore was possibly more significant than inaccurate shooting from the chances we created. Where I think we were victims of bad luck came in the awarding of the decisive free kick. It was a very soft decision and with a gale force south westerly behind the kick a good strike was all that was needed. Countless other contacts were not penalised. Also, the disallowed goal was debatable in my opinion. All those standing near me behind the goal saw no infringement. The keeper simply said "with so many people surrounding me, not looking at the ball, what could I do?"
Having said that, we blazed over from a great position in the second half and never adjusted to the conditions.
Edited by dw at 23:56:39 on 20th August 2016
Next article in this thread: Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016
- Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC20/8/2016 19:44Sat Aug 20 19:44:15 2016view thread
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers20/8/2016 22:14Sat Aug 20 22:14:23 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by dw20/8/2016 23:44Sat Aug 20 23:44:10 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 09:55Sun Aug 21 09:55:04 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers21/8/2016 15:30Sun Aug 21 15:30:48 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by IcecapUnited21/8/2016 19:42Sun Aug 21 19:42:51 2016