Wingate & Finchley
That was better than Worthing - but still not good enough (I wasn't at Kingstonian - but understand that was a decent performance).
I thought for the first half hour we played well, and just lacked the final cutting edge in front of goal. Plenty of possession despite being in a strong headwind. Their goal was very well taken, even if it did look a little wind assisted - he still had to strike it well. Berkley had no chance.
Second half I didn't feel we made the right use of the wind assistance, and we seemed to lose the midfield battle, but we did largely look solid at the back throughout the 90 minutes. Much much prefer four at the back. Not so bothered about whether we play 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or whatever, but four at the back does look much more secure. Shame about Casey picking up an injury - hopefully it's not too serious.
We do need to start winning soon if we want to be at the right end of the table as the season progresses, but I don't think we're too far away.
First time I've sat in the stand at Wingate - despite the distance from the pitch, its a good view.
Next article in this thread: Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers20/8/2016 22:14Sat Aug 20 22:14:23 2016
- Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC20/8/2016 19:44Sat Aug 20 19:44:15 2016view thread
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers20/8/2016 22:14Sat Aug 20 22:14:23 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by dw20/8/2016 23:44Sat Aug 20 23:44:10 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley21/8/2016 09:55Sun Aug 21 09:55:04 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by John Rogers21/8/2016 15:30Sun Aug 21 15:30:48 2016
- Re: Wingate & Finchley by IcecapUnited21/8/2016 19:42Sun Aug 21 19:42:51 2016