Re: Final venue
Basically Met Police FC are happy to host these finals and have lots of obliging committee members and club officials who are happy to turn out and staff the facilities for a neutral match where a large proportion of those attending are likely to be officals of other clubs or administrative bodies.
It is a pain in the neck to get to. Hourly train service home, at 26 mins past the hour from memory, so if games finish within 90 mins you just miss one, and if they go to extra time and/or penalties you're in danger of missing the next one too. (Can't even remember if they still have extra time in this competition.)
Agree with the earlier comment about the competition being prestigious due to its rich history. I think the cup itself is the oldest one still competed for in English football. I was lucky enough to hold it after Dulwich beat Tooting in the 2004 final at Claremont Road. The inaugural winners were Dial Square, now Arsenal.
Next article in this thread: Re: Another final to celebrate by Paul Butler9/3/2016 18:20Wed Mar 9 18:20:15 2016
- Another final to celebrate by David B9/3/2016 14:06Wed Mar 9 14:06:06 2016view thread
- Re: Another final to celebrate by Walworth Mark B10/3/2016 23:19Thu Mar 10 23:19:43 2016
- Re: Another final to celebrate by rwakeley9/3/2016 15:28Wed Mar 9 15:28:27 2016
- Re: Another final to celebrate by John Rogers9/3/2016 16:46Wed Mar 9 16:46:47 2016
- Final venue by johnnybaker10/3/2016 13:23Thu Mar 10 13:23:40 2016
- Re: Final venue by Paul Butler10/3/2016 13:34Thu Mar 10 13:34:36 2016
- Re: Final venue by dw13/3/2016 00:07Sun Mar 13 00:07:55 2016
- Re: Final venue by Pink Panther18/3/2016 12:00Fri Mar 18 12:00:29 2016
- Re: Another final to celebrate by Paul Butler9/3/2016 18:20Wed Mar 9 18:20:15 2016