Re: Lewes pre-match meet up
There's a real ale festival in the Lewes Social Club Saturday - or rather what's left from Friday!
I love the look of the Lewes pub layout - 20 pubs in half a mile from the station - but they all look like gastro efforts - a sign of the times! Last pint and a bag of nuts cost me nearly a fiver - I rarely touch the stuff and stick to pop!
I drink in what is known locally as the "Oakengates Triangle" 3 pubs within 50 yards - no meals - a tad run down - just real ale, and a lot of it! The Station Inn has 15 hand pumps, The Fighting Cocks next door, a modest ten. The product is imported via Sheffield, Lancashire, Derbyshire and local Shropshire Micro's. All for around £2.80 a pint!
With no decent pub near Earlsmead, I am seriously hoping for something near SJP. Not holding my breath!
Hoping the the Harvey's lives upto expectation on Saturday!
Next article in this thread: Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by Jeff Hill3/3/2016 20:08Thu Mar 3 20:08:56 2016
- Lewes pre-match meet up by beadman3/3/2016 17:02Thu Mar 3 17:02:47 2016view thread
- Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by rwakeley3/3/2016 20:20Thu Mar 3 20:20:16 2016
- Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by Jeff Hill3/3/2016 20:08Thu Mar 3 20:08:56 2016
- Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by beadman3/3/2016 23:32Thu Mar 3 23:32:57 2016
- Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by Stuart in Brighton4/3/2016 12:56Fri Mar 4 12:56:53 2016
- Re: Lewes pre-match meet up by Paul Butler3/3/2016 23:13Thu Mar 3 23:13:25 2016