Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Inching closer... by John Rogers28/2/2016 11:26Sun Feb 28 11:26:23 2016view thread

Re: Tonight

By rwakeley1/3/2016 09:21Tue Mar 1 09:21:20 2016In response to Tonight

Views: 2340

Plenty of thought-provoking stuff. I believe this is as a compelling situation as we have had in while. A real foundation. This reminds me of an embryonic Nottingham Forest side back in the day. I see John Robertson bursting forward.
I agree with earlier Dave B, comments with regards to cover behind Olls and Omar - crucial - given the team more balance.
Oppositions will however retain more possession, spread the play and probe for weakness. The Gaffer touched on it - it is very un-Hendon like and like all things, when it doesn't work will naturally draw criticism.
As a viable option, I believe this is something to consider more away from home next season. With the players due back, the natural conclusion would be to be more combative at home.
It's a compelling insight into the future, as is the early adoption of the younger generation. Whilst totally embracing its incorporation, I do have one or two areas of concern going forward.
I think there's a fine line with regards to over-dependency. It's not a panacea. I saw my local non-league side twenty years ago adopt a YTS squad and blood a couple straight into top flight non-league echelons. They got slaughtered. I love looking at young players and making comparisons with past favourites and seeing how they are moulded. But there is understandable risk. There's a lot to juggle.
But hey, I'm massively in favour of it all and can only see benefits. After years of stagnation we are clearly evolving at quite a pace.
Well done last night!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: A critical fortnight by Mike Cox20/2/2016 11:26Sat Feb 20 11:26:48 2016view thread