Re: Inching closer...
IMHO Johnson Hippolyte has a point - I thought Staines were the better side on Saturday until they reached the final third, then they seemed to have little idea of how to score.
I also thought he had a point about the goals. Any goal direct from a corner has to have a fluke element about it, but as we saw at Staines, their defence has little idea how to defend corners, and he ought to be blaming his defence instead of writing it off as a fluke. Incidentally the last goal I saw direct from a corner for Hendon was by Sam Collins, though touched by the goalkeeper, our fourth in the 11-1 demolition of Leyton in 2007-08.
The second goal started with some great work by Adam Wallace, but his cut-back from the byeline was poor, going behind Carl McCluskey. Dave Diedhiou's first shot was mishit and blocked back to him, and his second spun off a Staines player to Taggart, who netted. So yes, I'd agree about an element of flukiness about this goal, because of the poor cut-back, the mishit shot, and the deflection to Taggart.
Of course, other people may disagree with most of the above. Had the second goal worked perfectly, it would have been an excellent team goal.
Next article in this thread: Re: Inching closer... by David B29/2/2016 13:02Mon Feb 29 13:02:35 2016
- Inching closer... by John Rogers28/2/2016 11:26Sun Feb 28 11:26:23 2016view thread
- Re: Inching closer... by Mike Cox28/2/2016 20:02Sun Feb 28 20:02:22 2016
- Re: Inching closer... by ChrisHFC28/2/2016 21:47Sun Feb 28 21:47:20 2016
- Re: Inching closer... by David B29/2/2016 13:02Mon Feb 29 13:02:35 2016
- Re: Inching closer... by Casualdon2/3/2016 22:45Wed Mar 2 22:45:53 2016