Re: Maidstone's Pitch
For clarity the cost of maintaining an artificial pitch is approximately £15k per year. Once the base has been layed the replacement cost is for the carpet only which will be around £200k. A sinking fund of £25k should be put aside. Based on this the cost of running an artificial surface is around £40k a year but lei with increased utility bills. Most of our income is through day time or early evening use academy, university, schools, walking football, community coaching and youth teams.
On an artificial surface we can have over 40 hours of play a week compared to 4 on a grass pitch. The significant increase in usage and people attending make the ground more appealing to sponsors and advertisers. More users also helps increase bar takings and function hire.
Our ground now has other sports and activities on the pitch which makes it a hub of the community and should contribute to an increase in the fan base.
In an ideal world the perfect grass pitch would be my preference but reality says otherwise.
This is a sustainable model which I believe is the way forwards
- Maidstone's Pitch by richhend23/12/2015 00:32Wed Dec 23 00:32:07 2015view thread
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by StAlbansDon23/12/2015 12:28Wed Dec 23 12:28:50 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by Middx Wanderer23/12/2015 15:08Wed Dec 23 15:08:44 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by Hendonboy23/12/2015 15:57Wed Dec 23 15:57:48 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by StAlbansDon23/12/2015 16:39Wed Dec 23 16:39:01 2015