Re: Maidstone's Pitch
There have been some problems with the Maidstone pitch since it was installed. When Hendon first played at the Gallagher Stadium the artificial pitch was hard and the pile of the carpet flattened. The pitch should be swept and brushed for at least an hour for every ten hours of use. A deep clean is required at least twice a year if the pitch is to play well. Our surface at SJP is tested annually to ensure we comply with the levels of tolerance for bounce, roll and level of the surface. The surface would have to be relayed if we fail the test and it can't be repaired. The average life expectancy should be approximately 10 years but our business plan has a new surface in eight years.
We have a FIFA one star equivalent surface but at the point of relaying we will need a FIFA two star rating which is the highest available. Although the pitch at SJP is extensively used our emphasis is on youth which has less wear and tear.
Gary and the first team squad are delighted with the performance of our pitch and so are Edgware. Artificial pitches are the way forwards for non league teams as it is the only viable business model for clubs with a limited fan base.
Next article in this thread: Re: Maidstone's Pitch by Middx Wanderer23/12/2015 15:08Wed Dec 23 15:08:44 2015
- Maidstone's Pitch by richhend23/12/2015 00:32Wed Dec 23 00:32:07 2015view thread
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by StAlbansDon23/12/2015 12:28Wed Dec 23 12:28:50 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by Middx Wanderer23/12/2015 15:08Wed Dec 23 15:08:44 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by Hendonboy23/12/2015 15:57Wed Dec 23 15:57:48 2015
- Re: Maidstone's Pitch by StAlbansDon23/12/2015 16:39Wed Dec 23 16:39:01 2015