Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Maidstone's Pitch by richhend23/12/2015 00:32Wed Dec 23 00:32:07 2015view thread

Re: Genuine Progress - Red Flags Remain

By Deadman20/12/2015 12:42Sun Dec 20 12:42:01 2015In response to Genuine Progress - Red Flags Remain

Views: 2276

Lots of energy for the first half hour and some excellent football. But once a few things didn't quite come off, a couple of heads went down (Ryan Gondoh being one and even though he looks a very decent prospect, he needs to sort that out....if I noticed it, his coaches will have too) and the first half petered out.

The second half was a very strange affair. They seemed to score every time they attacked, while we did most of the attacking. As soon as Ben Pattie came on, we suddenly looked a real threat (nice first goal from him but he has Adam Wallace to thank for tidying up his dodgy header for the second!) On another day, we would've squeaked a 3-3 out of that but our defending isn't good enough at the moment.

On the plus side, we looked good on the ball again. I really hope Adam Wallace will be available for a few more games because he's looked good in the last two he's played (his own dodgy header yesterday aside...) and the midfield is starting to tick, with Wesley getting more involved.

On the down side, we are still SO vulnerable on the break. Gary was screaming at Finbarr to get back to help Sam Flegg as the move for their 1st goal developed. We just don't seem to have the energy to get back in numbers when we need to. Also we still have a problem at centre-back. If Russell Short comes back, I expect Dave to go back there. I too, like Finbarr (he brings a buzz to our attacking play) but he's got to be careful that he doesn't go down the Aaron Morgan route of sometimes hanging onto the ball a bit too long. Hopefully with experience, that side of his game will develop....along with his distance shooting.

We need players back for Boxing Day. The bench looked very thin yesterday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Hendon 3-0 Farnborough | Highlights by footballexclusives.com17/12/2015 21:42Thu Dec 17 21:42:04 2015view thread