Re: This stupid fixture list
If and when you have time, look at some of our earlier seasons in the Isthmian League, and you'll find this season's style when we are playing both fixtures against a club early is more commonplace than it has been in recent seasons..
In 1963-64, our first season, we'd played both matches against Ilford in our first 4 league games, and both matches against Barking in our first 8!
In 1972-73, we had played both matches against Clapton, Hitchin, Tooting, Walthamstow, and Wycombe by the 4th November.
In September 1978 we acheived the ultimate of playing a league fixture against Hitchin on a Tuesday night and the return at Hitchin on the following Saturday!!!
At least we're not in our Athenian Laegue era, when match programmes would frequently state that "next week's opponents are not known, so watch the local press for details"!!!
Let's be honest here, it doesn't matter how ANY league arranges its fixture list, there will always be people complaining about the list. You only have to listen to some of the comments Premiership and Championship managers make about their league fixtures.
Next article in this thread: Re: This stupid fixture list by Hendonboy12/10/2015 16:52Mon Oct 12 16:52:38 2015
- This stupid fixture list by Paul Butler12/10/2015 16:34Mon Oct 12 16:34:15 2015view thread
- Re: This stupid fixture list by ChrisHFC13/10/2015 09:37Tue Oct 13 09:37:46 2015
- Re: This stupid fixture list by Hendonboy12/10/2015 16:52Mon Oct 12 16:52:38 2015
- Re: This stupid fixture list by Paul Butler13/10/2015 01:23Tue Oct 13 01:23:04 2015
- Re: This stupid fixture list by Jeff Hill13/10/2015 01:51Tue Oct 13 01:51:05 2015
- Re: This stupid fixture list by Paul Butler14/10/2015 13:20Wed Oct 14 13:20:21 2015
- Re: This stupid fixture list by rwakeley14/10/2015 14:53Wed Oct 14 14:53:42 2015