Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: This stupid fixture list by Paul Butler12/10/2015 16:34Mon Oct 12 16:34:15 2015view thread

Red mist coming down

By David B12/10/2015 12:52Mon Oct 12 12:52:31 2015In response to Re: Another good day at the office?

Views: 3087

I have not seen the video evidence of Kirby?s red card, but the moment it happened I expected to see red. There was no argument from the player, though I wonder if the referee will report Hampton for their five-man surrounding of him demanding the sanction Kirby received.

After the game, I spoke to Football Exclusives and their view on the first red card was that the striker did not have control of the ball when Kirby brought him down. If that is the case, my understanding of the denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity (DOGSO in the vernacular) interpretation is that the decision was incorrect. As I said above, however, I didn't think the decision was wrong.

As for Leon?s decision, it was almost as appalling as our performance for all but about 10 minutes before the first red card. I am glad that almost every posting on this subject has focused on how bad our performance was more than the one truly awful decision. Nonetheless, I believe this red card is worth appealing ? especially if the referee claimed he saw a punch by Leon.

To be honest, if Leon had punched the goalkeeper, running in the way he did, then Seb Brown would not have gone down where he did, but a significant distance further back, and probably would not have got up for a while. The contact was minimal and both players seemed to be slightly off balance which is why Brown ended up on the floor.

Tonight is another night and it will be nice to play a team we have not seen for at least 142 hours! Our performance must be better than what we put out on Saturday. It is hard to imagine it being much worse ...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: The Wisdom of Solomon? by Mike Cox10/10/2015 15:21Sat Oct 10 15:21:04 2015view thread