Re: Met Police
First half was okay, as Mike Cox says, we should have gone in comfortably ahead at the break. However there was a lack of conviction in the finishing. It was pretty clear at 0-0 that both sides were short of confidence and that the first goal was likely to be scored by the eventual winners.
We didn't really get to grips with the two Met wide men, and their finishes were far more clinical and crisp than anything we mustered, unfortunately. Once behind, we looked beaten and a bit devoid of ideas. Confidence is brittle. When things are going well, as against Leatherhead, we look excellent, however we don't have that resilience in adversity that we had last season - not entirely surprising with O'Leary being the only member of the spine of that team currently available.
Time to work hard, graft and battle. Off the pitch we need to stick together too. Last season was last season, it's all about the here and now. Tuesday sees a distraction from league football. It would be good to get a decent number of fans down to give the boys some much needed encouragement.
- Is by mello3/10/2015 15:15Sat Oct 3 15:15:11 2015view thread
- Re: Is by John Rogers3/10/2015 18:16Sat Oct 3 18:16:46 2015
- Re: Is by Mike Cox3/10/2015 18:33Sat Oct 3 18:33:11 2015
- Met Police by Deadman3/10/2015 20:06Sat Oct 3 20:06:23 2015
- Re: Met Police by rwakeley3/10/2015 23:49Sat Oct 3 23:49:12 2015
- Re: Met Police by John Rogers4/10/2015 09:37Sun Oct 4 09:37:32 2015