Re: Heads Up Chaps
Another cagey home-game in which we rarely looked fluent and often looked a touch out of sorts. Thurrock were very solid all over the pitch and matched us for organisation. We didn't appear especially balanced as the squad was rotated a bit.
A few questions I found myself pondering over a late night kebab;
What is Maz Bettache's best position? Is he a winger? (if so, which wing?) or is he best used centrally in a midfield three where he can find gaps and play off the striker? (like Erhun Ozthumer in his Dulwich days). In time, will he and Scott Shulton be competing for the same spot?
Is Courtney Harris able to play effectively anywhere other than a defensive midfield role? I suspect this is his preferred position but will need time to adjust to the pace and style of Ryman League football if he is to be truly effective elsewhere in midfield.
Is Tony Taggart fit enough to start league games? (he looked fine at Molesey). Him and Oli Sprague appear to have a good understanding.
Can we get the midfield blend right to allow us to play 4-4-2? (thus getting two of our strikers playing together).
Will Sam Flegg be seen as a first choice defender? (either at right-back or centre-back) PS: I thought he skippered the team well at Molesey.
I love this time of the season....so many things to ponder and everything to play for! Last night's gone....it's how we react that will give us a better idea of how we are shaping up. See you all at Leiston!
Next article in this thread: Re: Heads Up Chaps by John Fordham25/8/2015 09:06Tue Aug 25 09:06:03 2015
- Heads Up Chaps by rwakeley24/8/2015 21:50Mon Aug 24 21:50:17 2015view thread
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by Deadman25/8/2015 09:51Tue Aug 25 09:51:52 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by John Fordham25/8/2015 09:06Tue Aug 25 09:06:03 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by David B25/8/2015 13:06Tue Aug 25 13:06:17 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by Claremont Man26/8/2015 13:25Wed Aug 26 13:25:39 2015
- SJP Update by StAlbansDon27/8/2015 12:29Thu Aug 27 12:29:15 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by Paul Butler26/8/2015 16:02Wed Aug 26 16:02:19 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by John Rogers27/8/2015 07:34Thu Aug 27 07:34:12 2015
- Re: Heads Up Chaps by dw26/8/2015 21:46Wed Aug 26 21:46:50 2015