Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16
Agree with all the above, with the overriding caveat the loss of the Mac lads. A nice curtailment to be dropped in the Gaffer's lap, albiet probably expected.
Oppositions of whom pass through the middle up nice and early. Grays, Enfield, Dulwich and East Thurrock good early indicators of our mettle.
Until our personnel get bedded in more questions than answers. Personally I am a huge admirer of the lad Fisher, very rarely loses possession even when under duress.
Underpinned with caution we should be reasonably confident - we have the personnel. We need strong leadership to cojole the youngsters. Games are not generally won in the first twenty minutes - we have looked a tad Harlem Globetrotters pre-season. Then there's the winter pitches. There is nothing new and nothing we cannot contend with. In maintaining possession an element of patience may be more appropriate.
I believe we are in a good place. The players will have to face challenges and they will have to be reminded what they can do, what they bring to the table and how they can improve. It's a fascinating dynamic.
Moreover, I suspect the lads have a point to prove to themselves.
Next article in this thread: Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by Deadman5/8/2015 17:57Wed Aug 5 17:57:54 2015
- Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by Mike Cox5/8/2015 16:22Wed Aug 5 16:22:16 2015view thread
- Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by Deadman5/8/2015 16:48Wed Aug 5 16:48:51 2015
- Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by rwakeley5/8/2015 17:48Wed Aug 5 17:48:58 2015
- Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by Deadman5/8/2015 17:57Wed Aug 5 17:57:54 2015
- Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by John Rogers7/8/2015 09:11Fri Aug 7 09:11:35 2015
- Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by rwakeley7/8/2015 11:34Fri Aug 7 11:34:18 2015