Re: In and Outs
It's a fair point you make about contracts, Paul - however, these things often come down to money. Committing to paying a player £xx per week over 40 weeks when they may be injured / out of form is a big ask when usually, if you're not in the side, you don't get paid.
However, in certain cases, I think it's a gamble well worth taking. Almost from the moment he stepped into the number 4 shirt in the autumn, Charlie looked well ahead of his years and destined for bigger and better things.
The additional factor to take into consideration is that the player has to want to sign a contract as well. Sometimes, it may not be in their interests to do so, for whatever reason.
The interest in Charlie from professional clubs was no secret, at one time we had the best part of half a dozen league scouts at games watching him, and I'd be surprised if the club hadn't, at the very least, offered a contract.
It's a great move for Charlie, and one that I'm confident he will excel in. I will certainly be making Scunthorpe my League 1 club of choice for the coming season and wish him all the very best.
Next article in this thread: Re: In and Outs by rwakeley10/6/2015 16:06Wed Jun 10 16:06:31 2015
- In and Outs by Deadman9/6/2015 08:37Tue Jun 9 08:37:05 2015view thread
- Re: In and Outs by Paul Butler10/6/2015 13:41Wed Jun 10 13:41:44 2015
- Re: In and Outs by John Rogers11/6/2015 09:04Thu Jun 11 09:04:18 2015
- Re: In and Outs by rwakeley10/6/2015 16:06Wed Jun 10 16:06:31 2015
- Re: In and Outs by John Rogers11/6/2015 09:13Thu Jun 11 09:13:27 2015
- Re: In and Outs by Deadman11/6/2015 19:20Thu Jun 11 19:20:48 2015