Re: Other Club Records
Obviously due to incomplete data I have some grey areas which may provide some insight.
Bill Fisher's appearance record is often stated as 787, however I have his obituary and several articles which confirm the figure as high as 823.
He is often stated as having held the most consecutive games record as 175 completed on 05/01/1946 vs Finchley, but he also played in the following game vs Wood Green so one could derive the actual figure is 176!
The first post-war sending off was Miles Spector on 04/04/59 - the grey area surrounds the very first. A much later article refers to Bob Thomas 18/03/39. However another article suggests that Reg Heywood was dismissed 3 years earlier - He made 18 apps and I have all the reports, none of which mentions Reg having been sent-off.
Most goals in a game, also a grey area, I have an article proposing H Shearcroft scoring 6, (all headers), in a game vs Uxbridge - no further details - and I can't find any corresponding fixture. The same article suggests Harry also banged in a club record 59 goals in one season - no further details - this is off the charts on my data compiled to date - it may include the reserves!
All debatable stuff - either way that's some ruddy strike rate by Freddie Evans!!!
- Highest goal scorer by Don of Caddington3/6/2015 19:38Wed Jun 3 19:38:24 2015view thread
- Re: Highest goal scorer by John Rogers4/6/2015 10:29Thu Jun 4 10:29:35 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by David B4/6/2015 11:45Thu Jun 4 11:45:32 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by SteveHFC4/6/2015 11:58Thu Jun 4 11:58:23 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by ChrisHFC4/6/2015 12:09Thu Jun 4 12:09:29 2015
- Re: Other Club Records by rwakeley4/6/2015 13:01Thu Jun 4 13:01:39 2015