Re: The play-off farce
Substitute the words 'Ryman League' with the letters 'F' and 'A' and I'd agree with you.
The league were in no way to blame for the farcical play-off situation. Perhaps the only quibble one might legitimately be able to lay at their door is about the original decision to play the Margate and Dulwich game on the originally proposed date. They, like us, were completely at the mercy of the various 'decision makers' at the FA.
From my point of view, it is the complete abdication of any responsibility - never mind any sort of public statement or apology - from the FA that has left an extremely bitter taste in the mouth. They have thoroughly mishandled the whole saga, yet refuse to acknowledge their part. It all feels rather rich for senior figures within the organisation to take the moral high ground when talking about FIFA.
As for any claim for compensation, judging by a response that Dulwich Hamlet's Supporters Trust received from the FA following a letter asking for financial reimbursement, I rather expect that all we would receive would be 'empathy'.
That's not to say that we shouldn't get together with the other clubs affected and try to do something. We would have a better chance in conjunction with others rather than on our own. Whether anything has been done, I don't know.
Next article in this thread: Re: The play-off farce by John Fordham31/5/2015 12:05Sun May 31 12:05:59 2015
- The play-off farce by John Fordham29/5/2015 18:51Fri May 29 18:51:41 2015view thread
- Re: The play-off farce by Paul Butler29/5/2015 23:58Fri May 29 23:58:17 2015
- Re: The play-off farce by John Fordham30/5/2015 11:24Sat May 30 11:24:56 2015
- Re: The play-off farce by John Rogers30/5/2015 23:14Sat May 30 23:14:39 2015
- Re: The play-off farce by John Fordham31/5/2015 12:05Sun May 31 12:05:59 2015
- Play-off farce and doing sweet FA by David B1/6/2015 14:02Mon Jun 1 14:02:21 2015