Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant
Hi, I've recently been following the recent Isthmian / FA shambles by taking a look at affected club websites and couldn't resist adding my thoughts to this topic.
I think that the play-off are good to the extent they keep the season interesting for much longer for many teams but I have never understood why there should be penalties at the end if the game is drawn. It would seem more sensible to me that the lower team must beat the higher team to progress, if drawn the advantage should go to the higher placed team.
And to add a little bit of further advantage to 2nd over 5th, that game should end after 90 minutes, while 3rd against 4th has extra time before the higher team progresses. Extra time also in the final. But never have any play-off decided by penalties, which does completely turn a seasons work into a lottery.
Good luck in your final, although I do have a bit of bias in favour of your opponents as I have very fond memories of their excellent management team and goal-keeper. I may have come along to the final on the originally scheduled date but now it clashes with another play-off final and I will be at Wembley to see that one.
Next article in this thread: Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Pink Panther17/5/2015 11:22Sun May 17 11:22:37 2015
- Pre - Play off Rant by Mike Cox13/5/2015 21:24Wed May 13 21:24:10 2015view thread
- Re: Pre - Play off Rant by Pol Pot13/5/2015 21:42Wed May 13 21:42:16 2015
- My Pre-Playoff Rant by David B14/5/2015 13:29Thu May 14 13:29:46 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by geemickey15/5/2015 11:31Fri May 15 11:31:38 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Pol Pot15/5/2015 14:22Fri May 15 14:22:57 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by geemickey15/5/2015 14:39Fri May 15 14:39:02 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Hendonboy15/5/2015 22:14Fri May 15 22:14:21 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Shots Away16/5/2015 20:59Sat May 16 20:59:31 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Pink Panther17/5/2015 11:22Sun May 17 11:22:37 2015