Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant
I actually agree with more or less everything posted above. From a natural justice and sporting point of view, there's never been any justification for promotion playoffs at the end of a standard league season.
With that said, given that we know the rules every season before we start (pending FA disciplinary processes) it feels a bit churlish to complain about them, especially since they've kept our interest in the league season going for quite a bit longer than usual in recent seasons, not least 2011/2 where we still had something to play for on the final day despite having been comfortably out of the race for the top two spots for quite some time.
Should there be more of an advantage to the second place club? Perhaps, but as playoffs are more or less a given these days I think I personally prefer a pure 4 way cup competition to settle things, even if we might feel hard done by if Margate beat us on Sunday.
Next article in this thread: Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Shots Away16/5/2015 20:59Sat May 16 20:59:31 2015
- Pre - Play off Rant by Mike Cox13/5/2015 21:24Wed May 13 21:24:10 2015view thread
- Re: Pre - Play off Rant by Pol Pot13/5/2015 21:42Wed May 13 21:42:16 2015
- My Pre-Playoff Rant by David B14/5/2015 13:29Thu May 14 13:29:46 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by geemickey15/5/2015 11:31Fri May 15 11:31:38 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Pol Pot15/5/2015 14:22Fri May 15 14:22:57 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by geemickey15/5/2015 14:39Fri May 15 14:39:02 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Hendonboy15/5/2015 22:14Fri May 15 22:14:21 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Shots Away16/5/2015 20:59Sat May 16 20:59:31 2015
- Re: My Pre-Playoff Rant by Pink Panther17/5/2015 11:22Sun May 17 11:22:37 2015