Re: Problem waiting to happen.
As a Dulwich supporter I would have no real problem if the play-offs were cancelled and the second promotion place awarded to Hendon, who finished three points behind the champions and nearly twenty ahead of my own club. (I suspect Margate might feel very differently however.) Given that Hamlet have manager with a successful record with the club and large supporter base I think we could probably adapt and survive at that level, but it would be a slog, and I'd rather wait until we're stronger on the field. As for Enfield, they only stayed up on the final day of last season, lost 40% of their league matches this season, and only sneaked into the top fiv in the final few weeks. Are they really equipped to go up to that level?
The trouble with play offs is they get everyone's hopes sky high, and people convince themselves they're going to win even if the odds are against them, and faced with the possibility of having their place withdrawn Enfield are reacting as if they've actually been denied promotion. If they'd had a stronger season they'd still be in a play-off place, possibly with a less favourable draw, as happened to Leatherhead last year when a late points deduction dropped them from 2nd to 3rd place and ultimately cost them home advantage in the final, which they won anyway. Teams finishing miles behind other play-off candidates and only one or two points ahead of the also rans really don't deserve a lot of sympathy in this situation IMO. If it was my own club I'd be disapponted, but In all honesty I think I'd rather accept the punisment and move on.
Edited by Pink Panther at 11:03:32 on 3rd May 2015
Next article in this thread: Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Pol Pot4/5/2015 10:00Mon May 4 10:00:41 2015
- Problem waiting to happen. by dw1/5/2015 23:23Fri May 1 23:23:34 2015view thread
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Paul Butler3/5/2015 06:21Sun May 3 06:21:49 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by John Rogers3/5/2015 10:27Sun May 3 10:27:08 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Pink Panther3/5/2015 11:02Sun May 3 11:02:57 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Pol Pot4/5/2015 10:00Mon May 4 10:00:41 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Paul Butler3/5/2015 13:37Sun May 3 13:37:32 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by Hendonboy3/5/2015 13:44Sun May 3 13:44:54 2015
- Re: Problem waiting to happen. by John Rogers3/5/2015 15:13Sun May 3 15:13:12 2015