As those who know me will be aware, last night was my first game for 6 months.
That was a really enjoyable cup final - if a little nervy towards the end, but I could see in that one game that desire, belief and effort that has got us to where we are today - League Cup winners, almost certain to finish top two in the league and third at worst, and in the last four of the London Senior Cup.
It is so difficult to single out an individual, because that was a team performance, all 14 players contributed, but if forced to pick a MOTM it would be Ben for those saves in the last 15-20 minutes.
Credit must also go to Grays - I thought they played really well - the differences were that we were more clinical in front of goal, and tighter defensively. Agree with others that their fans were very friendly before and after the game, and I thought Whyteleafe were excellent hosts.
In talking to one or two players after the game, I felt that whilst there was clear delight at winning the cup, there was a real determination that the job isn't yet complete and there is more to do over the next two or three weeks.
For those who often ask me about penalty shouts - that one on Kezie in the first half - definite penalty - without a doubt. However, due to the proximity of other players, I wonder how much of the incident the referee (who I thought generally had a good game) saw.
Unfortunately circumstances dictate that I'm unlikely to be at any other games this season, but I'll be watching livescores and twitter closely as always.
Next article in this thread: Re: Brilliant! by StAlbansDon16/4/2015 19:13Thu Apr 16 19:13:15 2015
- Brilliant! by rwakeley15/4/2015 21:44Wed Apr 15 21:44:36 2015view thread
- Re: Brilliant! by saintetienne16/4/2015 06:22Thu Apr 16 06:22:16 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by EE16/4/2015 00:02Thu Apr 16 00:02:22 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by tony16/4/2015 08:22Thu Apr 16 08:22:45 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by Adrian Warren16/4/2015 08:58Thu Apr 16 08:58:17 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by Deadman16/4/2015 09:48Thu Apr 16 09:48:53 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by BryanR16/4/2015 10:15Thu Apr 16 10:15:04 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by John Rogers16/4/2015 12:11Thu Apr 16 12:11:26 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by WestHendonoldskool16/4/2015 13:15Thu Apr 16 13:15:33 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by Claremont Man16/4/2015 19:08Thu Apr 16 19:08:10 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by SteveHFC16/4/2015 18:29Thu Apr 16 18:29:13 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by StAlbansDon16/4/2015 19:13Thu Apr 16 19:13:15 2015
- Re: Brilliant! by Steve L16/4/2015 19:53Thu Apr 16 19:53:11 2015