Get behind the team... LOUD and PROUD!
After having a read through over the last few days or so I thought I would add my bit. As it's a public open forum, there is no need to do the teacher - naughty school boy act.
As arsenal is increasingly pricing me out for the Cat A games now, i'm finding the joys of watching hendon again are more rewarding... at the moment. Attended saturday's game with my 4 year old lad and my mate and his boy. Now as a youngster some 27 years ago, being a ball boy down claremont road back then found myself hearing OTT language. As I got a bit older a few of us from the local west hendon estate went to the games on our own and became part of the "behind the goal gang", although when my dad came he liked us to stand on the side due to the language.
Now bringing my lad along I found myself keeping him out on the wing or near the corner post due to the OTT language. Very hard when the kids are saying .. i want to go behind the net or behind the goal. or when they ask " What did that man say?"
As Rob and Simon have said, the future support of Hendon fans will come from the youngsters who will hopefully be introduced to Hendon over the next season or two and start attending regularly and then start paying adult prices etc... as they get older. The same with all clubs from premiership to non league.
Was having a read on the maidstone forum and they were commenting on how quiet their game on monday was at home due to supporters feeling tense or continually checking their phones for updates.
I felt that our vocal support at home to maidstone and away at Wingate & Finchley was pretty quiet and not up to the normal racket we are famous for. The drum and Bugle days.
Clap along to "Green Army" or "Gary Mac's Green / White Army" which becomes very affective.
"Come on Hendon" or "Come on You Greens" everytime we get a corner or a free kick.
That aside, a very healthy away following at Wingate & Finchley which must have seen more than 160 of us there.
So ... Let's get behind this team .. and maybe .. just maybe ...
Edited by jimsredwhiteandgreen at 16:22:32 on 8th April 2015
- The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon6/4/2015 19:32Mon Apr 6 19:32:00 2015view thread
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon6/4/2015 19:34Mon Apr 6 19:34:37 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by hfcyork7/4/2015 10:34Tue Apr 7 10:34:31 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by Paul Butler7/4/2015 07:39Tue Apr 7 07:39:26 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by John Fordham6/4/2015 19:48Mon Apr 6 19:48:41 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon6/4/2015 21:12Mon Apr 6 21:12:49 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by John Rogers6/4/2015 20:32Mon Apr 6 20:32:21 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by dw6/4/2015 21:18Mon Apr 6 21:18:26 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon6/4/2015 22:20Mon Apr 6 22:20:13 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon6/4/2015 21:13Mon Apr 6 21:13:52 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by Adrian Warren7/4/2015 00:44Tue Apr 7 00:44:49 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon7/4/2015 06:03Tue Apr 7 06:03:06 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by Paul Butler7/4/2015 07:36Tue Apr 7 07:36:25 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by Hendonboy7/4/2015 10:22Tue Apr 7 10:22:41 2015
- Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon7/4/2015 08:41Tue Apr 7 08:41:37 2015
- F & A by David B7/4/2015 14:35Tue Apr 7 14:35:07 2015
- Re: F & A by Paul Butler8/4/2015 00:23Wed Apr 8 00:23:42 2015
- Get behind the team... LOUD and PROUD! by jimsredwhiteandgreen8/4/2015 16:19Wed Apr 8 16:19:56 2015