Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Robert Dyas Cup Final by Lee Farmie2/4/2015 13:26Thu Apr 2 13:26:28 2015view thread

Re: The Twelth Man

By Paul Butler (buts1690)7/4/2015 07:36Tue Apr 7 07:36:25 2015In response to Re: The Twelth Man

Views: 3410

Waited until the morning to comment on this so I can't be accused of knee jerk reactions.

ONE person was out of order language wise yesterday, and that was my brother. If that makes me guilty by association, then build my gallows and hang me now!

My brother hasn't been at a game since Vale Farm and wasn't aware of the summer's debate, that doesn't excuse his misbehaviour and I told him that. I and a number of others have made a concerted effort to curb the language, and I had the discussion at the end of the game where I was glad to have the opportunity to say that I feel that it has not been policed evenly and that I have been unfairly picked out on a number of occasions including the game at SJP.

Simon has assured me that going forward everyone will be treated equally and I was pleased to have the opportunity to put my side across, as well as have a quick chat with Gary Mac on the way out.

I understand that my reputation precedes me, I had a mate of mine tag me on Facebook with a picture of the Twitter post re the c-bomb, and heard someone shout from the other side of the terrace "tone it down Paul' or words to that effect, again, wasn't me, was my brother.

Long post I know. To sum up, I completely accept that my brother was well out of order yesterday, and would suggest that he was levels above anything I've heard from myself or anyone else in the past couple of seasons. I'm glad it came to a head and the discussion was had, and I'm happy moving forward, going on to Margate and being loud, full of beer, and supporting the team.

If anyone has got a problem with what I've posted, please don't hide away, reply, thats what a forum is for. Similarly if anyone thinks it'd be better if I didn't go to games, rather than whispering amongst yourselves, reply on here or come and talk to me at a game.

Can't get the Chas and Dave song out of my head, Thursday is huge, looking forward to it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: The Twelth Man by Hendonboy7/4/2015 10:22Tue Apr 7 10:22:41 2015

Previous thread: Maidstone match highlights by Dorset Don7/4/2015 14:05Tue Apr 7 14:05:47 2015view thread