Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Robert Dyas Cup Final by Lee Farmie2/4/2015 13:26Thu Apr 2 13:26:28 2015view thread

Re: The Twelth Man

By Adrian Warren7/4/2015 00:44Tue Apr 7 00:44:49 2015In response to Re: The Twelth Man

Views: 3403

First of all, many congratulations to Gary and the boys for securing another' hard earned win with a gritty performance in the second half of a well contested local derby.
Whatever happens from here, we look certain to secure our highest league position, third or better, in the last 40 years, since the glory days, when as a Hendon born boy,, I started watching my home town club at the tail end of the amateur era. To do this on little more than the smell of a oily rag is an amazing achievement..
We also won the off field battle on Monday, with plenty of noise from our supporters, though not all off it was positive.
I didn't weigh into the behaviour debate on the forum earlier in the season, as living in Australia and not attending games regularly, I didn't feel qualified to offer an opinion.
I've been to three games over the last two
Weeks and Monday was the first time I had any issues with the language.
I'm all for supporters showing passion and I've probably used the odd expletive myself, as have most supporters at some stage.
But it seemed to me that one or two guys went a bit too far on Monday.
All I would say to those guys is please channel your passion in a more constructive way.
When you were singing and chanting you were doing a great job and that's what the Team needs.
I know some people like to let off a bit of steam when they come to a game and the best way of doing that is by directing ALL your vocal energy in a positive fashion behind the team rather than swearing.
If you don't behave like that at home and work, then why do it at the football?
I know one or two of you are worried about being banned by Simon, but I'm equally sure that's the last thing he wants to do, as we'need every fan we can get and this team deserves as much support as possible.
It was pretty hard to concentrate on the game for the last 15 minutes with what was happening behind the goal, but I was heartened by the fact SEVERAL supporters, not just Simon, were concerned enough to raise the issue.
The bottom line is this, we all want the same thing, a successful side we can be proud of.
We're getting that, so let's make sure we perform off the field in a manner that makes the players proud to play for this great club.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: The Twelth Man by StAlbansDon7/4/2015 06:03Tue Apr 7 06:03:06 2015

Previous thread: Maidstone match highlights by Dorset Don7/4/2015 14:05Tue Apr 7 14:05:47 2015view thread